• Register Today It's free!

solenoid block testing help

offroadford4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Lewisberry, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Eddie
I got the pan off, fluid looks and smells like new. No chunks or pieces in the pan. I pulled the solenoid block and tested it. results were

shift solenoid A 27.6 Ω
shift solenoid B 27.6 Ω
shift solenoid C 27.6 Ω
shift solenoid D 27.4 Ω

PCS A 8.4-8.5 Ω (toggles back and forth)
PCS B 8,4 Ω
PCS C 8.4 Ω

TCC 13.9 Ω

temp sensor 32.1 KΩ

Now from what ive seen so far, everything is in the proper range except the PCS's, which are reading 0.9 Ω higher than what ive seen. Would this cause the issues I'm having? at first startup, I was able to drive normally down the street, accelerating to 50-55mph and it shifted just fine, but right after I slowed down and tried to accelerate again it triggered the OD light to flash and when it shifted up to 3rd, it was like it was almost in neutral. basicaly just free reved. If not next I'll be checkin into the bands and servos.

It appears the servo could be bad. There is an aftermarket repair kit and it works well. I replaced mine in 2012 and no problems so far. Well worth the 200 and its better then paying 3500 for a transmission rebuild. The job was a little difficult so plan on spending a couple days completing the project if you go this route.

best of luck,
bizzs

thanks for the info. I've already determined the intermediate band is broke. When turning in the adjustment screw, I turned it in 5 turns by hand with no resistane. I have looked into the over sized/oringed/sleaved servos.

I;m still curious about the the soleniod though, with them being just under an OHM high for resistance.

Back