Some assistance, please. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some assistance, please.

What's up, guys. I just picked up a 99 xlt for $500. Which was basically a steal. It needed some front end work, has an issue with the turn signals and needs wheels and tires badly.

I want to get some cragar soft 8s for now and throw some new tires on it. The specs on the wheels are 17x8 4.5" bs and 0 offset. I plan on putting 255/50r17 hankook ventus st rh06 tires on the wheels and lowering the truck about 2" all around.

Current wheels are stock 15x? ?bs ?offset on 235/75/15. Doing some research I found that the stock wheels could be 15x6 with et38. I plugged in the specs from the stock sizes and my planned setup and came to a 1.9" push further out from where stock is now.

Is this at all correct? And would it work with the drop? Help would be appreciated. This is my 3rd explorer but first time changing wheels. Thanks to all.

Anybody feel like being a little helpful? I want to order the rims tonight so I can actually drive the truck this weekend. This is the only thing holding me back. I fixed everything else these past few days after work. I would really appreciate some knowledge on my issue. Thanks.

Back