Some Interior Fuses No Power But items works WHY? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some Interior Fuses No Power But items works WHY?

wishka70

Reaction score
City, State
Northern New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
I have a 1997 Mountaineer and I was checking fuses the other day to insure everything was working OK and found some without any power going to them at all.

Fuse Slot
#2 - 7.5 amp High-Mount Brake Lamp - No power to fuse either side and not working.
#4 10 amp - Left Headlamp - Works when light switch is turned but no power running through fuse on either side.
#7 - 7.5 amp - Illimination Switches - not sure what switched, over head console map lights do not light and fuse has no power either side.
#8 - 10 amp - Right Headlamp & Fog Lamp Switch - No power either side of fuse yet headlamp works and fog light switch laminates.
#24 - 10 amp - Anti-Theft Relay - Theft light flashes on dash, no power either side of fuse.
#28 - 7.5 amp fuse - GEM Module - No power to either side of fuse.
#32 - 7.5 amp - Heated Rear Window - Power light comes on on dash but do not know if window heat is working given it is warm out now and not sure how to check voltage.
#33 - 15 amp - DRL Module, RH and LH Headlamp, instrument cluster - Not sure on DRL module, RH & LH Headlamps work, Instrument cluster functions gauges all work and lights laminated.
#34 - 7.5 amp - Luxury Audio System - Radio works but no power on fuse either side.

I have check the fuses for power on both sides nothing, check socket with fuse out no power on either side but some items work some I am not sure. I am trying to figure out is there a common link to all of these fuse locations all fuses in the power control fuse box are working 100% all have power nothing blown. Swapped relays around in box no changes and swapped diodes no changes.

Welcome to thoughts .. Some things I have hear say GEM module but how can the GEM screw up so that things are functioning but no power to fuse panel in vehicle.

Thanks,
Keith

How were you "checking the fuses"? Some fuses do not receive power unless ignition is turned on or another switch in the circuit is closed.

How were you "checking the fuses"? Some fuses do not receive power unless ignition is turned on or another switch in the circuit is closed.

I checked the fuses with vehicle running and power on to the items listed above.

What was your ground reference?

Back