Wheels/Tires 01 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheels/Tires 01 Eddie Bauer

First post here. I've been searching here and all over the internet and can't find an answer to my question. I've got a 2001 Eddie Bauer (V8) and I'm looking to buy new tires/wheels for it. I'm looking to go with a low profile and a large chrome rim of some kind. How large of a rim can I go? How small of a tire can I go and still fit without any extra modifications to make them fit? I went down to the local tire chain here and they've been talking about some mandate out from Ford that doesn't allow them to put custom tires/wheels on my year explorer. They say a special tire with a certain sized wall is needed. Have you guys heard of anything about this?

I think it refers to the wheel manufacturer. I ran into this problem when I was looking for rims. If you try to order from someone and say you have a 01 explorer they say they can't sell you the rims, however it seems if I told them I had an 03 sport they were ok with it. To be honest I have no idea why. I ended up buying my rims from Discount tire. I am on 18s with 255/55/18 they ride nice. Hope this helps you out a little bit.

-Rich

Back