• Register Today It's free!

Speed Signal for Nav ??

Crizz

Reaction score
City, State
Germany / Hessen
Year, Model & Trim Level
actually none
Finally I installed tha nav-unit to my Sony-HU. Only thing I haven´t get done is connecting to the speed-signal. Where can I pick it up ? All I found was pin 1 of con. c175b of the PCM. It´s called "Vehicle Speed Output". Nver read before, only have known "vehicle speed sensor" from earlier model´s.

Anyone got experience in installing aftermarket-nav. on 2006 Explorer and give me an advice ?

Would be easier if the speed signal can be connected anywhere inside, w/o drilling a hole thru the firewall for connecting the at the PCM ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your speedo should recieve a VSS signal to drive it. You may want to check that out.

okay, that´s a way. But I don´t have any clue how to disassemble the dashboard / instrument cluster. And if the instruments get the VSS on a separate wire is another question, too - need to know the wiring color for identifying the right one :(

The wires you need are out of the GEM module. I doubt that the PCM will go straight to the PCM. However, when I am at work sometime soon (maybe tonite, but defilenlty monday) I may be able to get a wiring diagram for you. Just remind me via PM.

-Drew

EDIT: I meant to say - "I doubt the PCM signal of VSS will go straight to the Speedo" sorry about that.... but yeah I'll try to look up a diagram tomorrow and see if there is anything in Alldata for it. If not and your in a horrible need to know how fast you are going in two places - I will call up my friend at a local Ford dealership. I will PM you tomorrow Crizz

-Drew

Well, I searched at work on Alldata and they don't have but so much information right now (since it's a new vehicle). I then tried at school (which is online and should be updated more often) -- nope same crap. Your best bet is to get a diagram from the dealer.

-Drew

Your best bet is to get a diagram from the dealer

That´s the problem : I´m sitting in Germany and Ford Greenway is in Florida and doesn´t get in contact with me, even with my tire-warranty-problem.

Seems I bought at the wrong dealer, was too much money for a brandnew car w/o warranty now. Have to check it out by Ford Cologne how to deal it.
But thx for your help, will figure out how to get the damned VSS.

Back