• Register Today It's free!

Sputtering engine on a 93 Ranger.

rcayou87

Reaction score
City, State
Oxnard, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ranger
I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input and I hope that you all can help me find an easy quick and inexpensive solution to my problem. Two nights ago I changed a heater core hose and after doing that my truck ran fine for 2 days without encountering a problem. Then last night after driving my truck the whole day until about 7 pm, after parking it and letting it rest for about an hour. I took off and within an hour after that my truck started losing power and sputtered out. I had to wait about five minutes before it would start again. It happened 2 more times within a 15 minute period. Today this morning, I started her up, she wasn't maintaining a consistent RPM but she didn't sputter out. I went for a 10 minute drive around my neighborhood and she seemed to be doing fine. I let her rest for about an hour before leaving to work, and after I left 10 minutes into the drive she sputtered out and I had felt the urge to get towed to prevent any further damage. I hope you all can help. Thanks for your time.

Back