Sputters, stalls and backfires oh my. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sputters, stalls and backfires oh my.

FreeUlster, take a good look at the CKP sensor and related wiring. It's obviously working, but you're getting an open/short somewhere to trigger the code 14, maybe from a broken wire. Check the clearance between the CKP and the damper; there should be an air gap with no rubbing.

ICMs tend to degrade over time, and that's why the new one makes it run better. Too bad it wasn't the root cause of your problems.

A clogged cat is certainly a possibility, and as strange as it seems, might explain the 66 code too.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the help. I'll probably get to the crank sensor monday on tues since i'm working all week end.

Is there a voltage drop between batt+ and pwr terminals at MAF, ICM, coil-pack?

I wish I could check that but some crack head broke into my sploder while I was at work Friday night and stole all of my tools. Looks like I'm out of the game for quite some time now.

:exp: FInnally fixed it, Bad spark plug wire on #2 and a cra[[ed out ICM. Now she runns better than when I bought it. 190,00 and still going strong.

Well I'm back with the same problm. Started a new thread

Back