Still Waiting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still Waiting

dismania

Reaction score
Well my build date for my Ex was o 3/10. On Monday I was able to register and see that the Sync system was installed. So far, I have not gotten ANY updates at all as to the status of my vehicle. My dealer (who has been wonderful during the process) is unable to get an y updates at all either. He is becoming increasingly frustrated as well. If I don't find out something today, I think I am going to have to walk away from Ford.

I really don't want to, I have been such a huge fan of them for years. I have been in about 6 accidents during my lifetime (none of them my fault) and every time I have made it out of them with only minor injuries. Usually my vehicle has been the same. Earlier this year I was involved in a wreck with my wife's Escape, did $13,000 damage to her car ( was hit in front passenger panel by motorcycle), but it was easily repairable. Had I not been knocked silly by the airbag deploying, I would have been fine as well.

But, I was supposed to be out of our lease on Monday. I am told I have 10 days grace to return it, so the dealer suggested I take that time to wait for delivery. But, on Monday of next week, I think I am going to turn in the other car, I do not want to risk being charged for anything. So, with no idea where/when my new vehicle will arrive and being 1 car down while in limbo, I just cannot see waiting indefinitely. I saw a few vehicles that would work for us last weekend. I may just have to buy an off the lot vehicle this weekend.

Had I not had such an awful experience with the information I had received from Ford, it would be different. I custom ordered a Pontiac about 9 years ago. I was kept in constant communications as to where/when it would be delivered and that was with 9 year older technology. I KNOW someone could tell me exactly where my car is sitting right now (might even be able to tell me what direction she is pointing), but finding that person has been impossible.

Seni, here on the forums has been helpful in the past, but for the last week I have had a message out to her to track my situation and have yet to get a response.

I'll let everyone know which way I go.

a disappointed Dismania

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am really bummed for you. I assume you have written Seni a second time? I called a 1-800 number recently that I found in this forum and found it very helpful.

My build date was 2/24, and still no one knows anything either. I feel your pain. I also messaged Seni twice, and got no response. I also called the number above, and same thing "awaiting shipping". I'm looking at 4runners today. I like the 2011 body style of the 4runner better, but I like the explorer better for the luxury interior and options. It is very upsetting. To me there's no good excuse for a car to sit around that long, unless there is something majorly wrong with it, in which case, not sure I want it.

Shipping just takes time, my thought is that Ford is still backlogged with all the January and February builds that just came off holds. Mine was built 2/24 and Arrived in Michigan 3/17. Picking it up tonight.

You are right about the shipping. Mine was built 3/2 and is finally in transit with an ETA of Monday. I had called the 1-800 number to find out if it was awaiting shipment or moving from Chicago. They told me it was in transit. So hopefully with Dismania's 3/10 build date, it is not far behind.

Me too. The wait is painful. Monday starts week 10 for me. I know if I walk away from it they will sell it quickly. If it ever gets here. How long is reasonable? Anybody know what's wrong with the ones that they held?

Seni has been great to me, so I'll defend her that she may either have not gotten the PM, or is completely buried or both. She also does not have access to the system/boards during the weekends according to one of her posts. It's after 5pm in Michigan right now, so information will be limited to what your salesperson can tell you. According to her, she has access to the same information only.

You can also try calling 800-334-4375. I don't know if the hours are, though.

My build date was 3/7. My original ETA was this week. As of yesterday it's 3/20. When I asked if I could really expect it to be delivered that day (a Sunday), or if it was a "week-of" date or just another estimate that may be missed, I was told that it could be that day or a few days later and that Ford is starting to getting closer to hitting their published delivery dates.

I'm sorry you're frustrated. You're not alone for good or bad. If I had to have another car immediately, I would also be looking at another vehicle.

Well my build date for my Ex was o 3/10. On Monday I was able to register and see that the Sync system was installed. So far, I have not gotten ANY updates at all as to the status of my vehicle. My dealer (who has been wonderful during the process) is unable to get an y updates at all either. He is becoming increasingly frustrated as well. If I don't find out something today, I think I am going to have to walk away from Ford.

I really don't want to, I have been such a huge fan of them for years. I have been in about 6 accidents during my lifetime (none of them my fault) and every time I have made it out of them with only minor injuries. Usually my vehicle has been the same. Earlier this year I was involved in a wreck with my wife's Escape, did $13,000 damage to her car ( was hit in front passenger panel by motorcycle), but it was easily repairable. Had I not been knocked silly by the airbag deploying, I would have been fine as well.

But, I was supposed to be out of our lease on Monday. I am told I have 10 days grace to return it, so the dealer suggested I take that time to wait for delivery. But, on Monday of next week, I think I am going to turn in the other car, I do not want to risk being charged for anything. So, with no idea where/when my new vehicle will arrive and being 1 car down while in limbo, I just cannot see waiting indefinitely. I saw a few vehicles that would work for us last weekend. I may just have to buy an off the lot vehicle this weekend.

Had I not had such an awful experience with the information I had received from Ford, it would be different. I custom ordered a Pontiac about 9 years ago. I was kept in constant communications as to where/when it would be delivered and that was with 9 year older technology. I KNOW someone could tell me exactly where my car is sitting right now (might even be able to tell me what direction she is pointing), but finding that person has been impossible.

Seni, here on the forums has been helpful in the past, but for the last week I have had a message out to her to track my situation and have yet to get a response.

a disappointed Dismania
Are you not able to extend your lease. My former Toyota dealer would allow extentions up to 3 months.

a disappointed Dismania

Dismania,

Sorry for the delayed response. I just saw this thread now, as you may have seen I have replied to this concern via PM. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Seni

I never did get a reply to this. I still have absolutely no idea where my vehicle is. You did reply to some other concerns and I appreciate that. However, my requests for updated vehicle information has gone on deaf ear. I understand that there are lots of people asking the same questions, so it may be difficult to keep track of. My dealer did call me yesterday and told me he actually talked to the hauler and he has it on his truck. We MIGHT see it show up today or tomorrow. We will see.

Dismania

I wish ford would tell what the problem is.!! Customer service told me yesterday afternoon that mine was rereleased and awaiting shipping I hope it gets here soon.?

Don't hold your breath, I just called and was told 15 Mar ETA. Uh, it's 22 Mar today. "Sorry sir, that's all we have". This is getting old.

Mine is "awaiting shipping" since 2/24. No offense, but you all are lucky in comparison to lots of us who ordered in December and still nothing.

Anyone know how many were held with problems?

Mine is "awaiting shipping" since 2/24. No offense, but you all are lucky in comparison to lots of us who ordered in December and still nothing.

Im in same position as you. Built on 2/24 and no update since March 4 when my ETA was week of March 7.

Frankly, I could deal with the waiting but my concern is about a vehicle that was in such question that it required that long of a quality hold. It makes me wonder if I want to own it.

If I don't get an update before Friday, Im going to shop for other brands on Saturday.

The Ford reps have all been responsive which is great as one form of customer service.. but the other form is resolving the issue. Just saying over and over that the vehicle is awaiting shipping without a real reason why still adds up to poor service.

The few reasons given such as a lack of rail cars or backlog waiting for shipping doesnt add up. There are X's on dealer lots including the one I ordered from that were built after mine and shipped after mine was already supposedly released from the quality hold.

Im firmly in the belief that a very large batch of thousands were made with a serious problem that was ultimately corrected in ones built after and that they are either very slowly retrofitting those that were built or trying to figure out what to do with them.

I'd be very interested in finding out how Ford arranges its shipping of these vehicles. It obviously isn't by the order in which they come off the line. Perhaps it is governed more by destination. Mine came off the line of 2/24 and was at the Markham IL train yards March 2nd. It was on a railcar, I believe, on the 4th and arrived just outside of Toronto late March 7th. It sat there a couple of days (big snow storm) and was on a transport on the 10th arriving at my dealership outside of Ottawa the morning of the 11th.

I JUST got a call from my dealer. He was told that all vehicles are back on hold. My vehicle is on the hauler ready to go and was told not to ship it. He was told that the new ETA is unknown. He did offer to help me with my lease extension. So, if I extend my lease and the vehicle comes in a week from now, they will pay 3/4 of the month's lease payment. They are really working hard on the customer service part of the deal. I just wish things were moving a little better. I am no better off now than I was a month ago.

Dismania

I JUST got a call from my dealer. He was told that all vehicles are back on hold. My vehicle is on the hauler ready to go and was told not to ship it. He was told that the new ETA is unknown. He did offer to help me with my lease extension. So, if I extend my lease and the vehicle comes in a week from now, they will pay 3/4 of the month's lease payment. They are really working hard on the customer service part of the deal. I just wish things were moving a little better. I am no better off now than I was a month ago.

Dismania

That SUCKS. Sounds like you have a hard working dealer in your corner though.

You've got to be kidding me, another hold?! I don't know whether it's better to be in the "know" on this board or live in blissfull ignorance, but this waiting is getting ridiculous. It is making purchasing a new car a painful experience. :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not sure if this info helps, but mine was built 2/24 and I received it last week. Anyhow, mine was also on hold for a week or so. Now, making assumptions I am sure Ford's quality process is very through. Say if its a part shortage or something quality wise I imagine it still has to go through a quality check of some sorts after its fixed. Which takes a fair amount of time and manpower. My vehicle came with about 7 miles on it, so obviously they had to drive it as part of the hold/quality check. If there is 5k+ needing this check that just might be why everyone is experiencing delays. If one was to come off the line with no quality issue and go direct to shipment, that's probably why some March builds are showing up before Feb builds. Anyhow, that's just my assumptions/theory on the whole thing.

Back