• Register Today It's free!

stock speaker quality

chrisis

City, State
Murray, kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer xls
i have a stock 96 explorer xlt. i can take all speakers out of a 2000 explorer limited for free and i was wondering if its worth it.

do you know if the speaker quality out of a 2000 limited better than my 96 xlt?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it the standard audio pakage or is it a JBL?....honestly i found that my stock speakers in my 96 plus a nice pioneer HU sounds pretty damn good..

The stock speakers are of a rather poor quality. Any aftermarket speaker will sound better.

i wanted to keep the same HU just to replace my speakers with a 2000 explorer limited ones for better quality.

I bought some JBL's from a newer Explorer and found out the harnesses were different. So, you'd be in for some custom wiring if you tried it.

do you also know if a factory woofer out of an eddie bauer or a limited can be wired strait to my stock head unit?

thanks

I upgraded to a higher wattage CD Unit, and replaced the speakers as well, and man does it sound sweet!

get a newer HU it will make a bigger differance.

Dude.. I bought the factory sub too. It's not a direct bolt in. You would need the whole harness that runs from the HU to the factory amp/sub. So.. I never got that far and I have the sub sitting somewhere in the garage. Or maybe I threw it away..

is the factory sub 4sale?????:D

speakers

just sold my 98 Expy and bought a 2000 Explorer which I really like. The stock stereo was very bad, so I went to Best Buy and got a Pioneer CD installed for about $140, bought 4 new Jensem 6x8 at Circuit City for $39 a pair and put them in myself. The different is day and night, work out very nice for about $200 or so -

Ron - Hudson, Fl

I'm in love with my limited's stereo, its crisp and loud. p.s. I tried wiring in a foctory sub to my old 98 xlt, it never worked. Either I fried the sub output of the hu or it never worked. I had the hu tested and sure enough no signal outpu,t Had power, ground, and remote turn on so I don't know. Does the HU have an on/ off for the sub?

i didn`t check if my HU have an output for a sub woofer.

is anybody knows if i can wired a stock sub to my stock HU or i will need to get a HU from an EDDIE BAUER OR LIMITED with the stock sub?

Back