Stuck can't install engine Hello all I an 02 Explorer and I bought it with a blown engine. It had a very bad rod nock. I pulled the engine and purchas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stuck can't install engine Hello all I an 02 Explorer and I bought it with a blown engine. It had a very bad rod nock. I pulled the engine and purchas

MichaelMajorana

Reaction score
City, State
Gaines, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Exsplorer
Hello all I an 02 Explorer and I bought it with a blown engine. It had a very bad rod nock. I pulled the engine and purchased an engine form the junk yard. I then have been trying to put it in the SUV it will not marry up to the bellhousing. I installed the torque converter into the trans then have been trying to marry the engine to the trans. I bought longer bolts so I could piolet the engine to the trans. it will move up to 1inch to the block. Then I lined up the torque converter studs to the flex plate. The engine will move another inch closer. but if I try to force it closer the engine crank will not turn. I have removed the engine 2 times thinking that the torque converter was not fully seated but it was. I have replaced about ten engines over my lifetime but have never encountered this problem should I remove the trans and marry it to the engine on the floor of my garage. Frustrated and ready to through in the towel.

Make sure you don't have a dowel stuck in transmission and on engine

What year and model did the new engine come out of?

Back