Suspension lift for a 96 explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension lift for a 96 explorer sport

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
This may be a stupid question (probably is) but ive been looking for a Suspension lift for my 96 explorer sport. ive seen other people saying theyve gotten kits from trailmaster etc. I dont see how you could lift the front of the post 94 explorers they have no springs. Am i missing something or have all these people dont signifigant modifications to thier suspension.

Yes you can get either the Trailmaster 4" Explorer kit, the Trailmaster 4" 98 Ranger kit, or the Superlift 4" 98 Ranger kit.
Because you have a 96, you will have to modify the rear torsion bar brackets to make them fit.
If you do a search on this site, you can see pictures of what I have done to get them to work.
All these kits are made for a Front Independent suspension,which lowers the front cross member and the front diffy. New torsion bar brackets are installed to lower the torsion bars. This is not an easy project for the 95-97 models, but it can be done. Click on Ray's Truck in my signature for a look at the finished product.

Back