• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack

V8powerbaby

Reaction score
City, State
Altus,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 V8 XLT
many have built them so i figured i would post my build aswell. it started with 3 sticks of 1x14gax24. then measured and cut and then cut again for the angles. it has been a bit of a pain with all the grinding and welding but its coming together very nice. gonna try and finish it up today but for the time being i will leave you with these pics.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

the bow in the middle will be fixed once the top half is welded up and attached

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh such a teaser :D

i am not a sicko.........maybe just alittle twisted tho :D

good job looks nice

nice rack,

lol,, usually a woman hears that ,

nice rack..... needs more added to it though. Here's my custom rack my brother made..........
2irp0cg.jpg

161asu9.jpg

i have access to alot of different metal materials at work and have been looking at some expanded flat metal patterns to add something more to the rack probley will be a few weeks before there is a final design but the hard part is done so im rocking it on the roof right now lol

Nice rack you going to put a floor of expanded metal in it? I built mine, Love it, but now the truck is so tall it's hard to put stuff in it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back