Swapping the OEM radio to OEM navigation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swapping the OEM radio to OEM navigation

Jacobsusa

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I have a 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer and I am wondering if I can swap the OEM radio to a OEM navigation system. Is there any changes that I would need to do with wiring and stuff or is it just plug in with no changes to wiring and things.

I have a 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer and I am wondering if I can swap the OEM radio to a OEM navigation system. Is there any changes that I would need to do with wiring and stuff or is it just plug in with no changes to wiring and things.
Back when I bought it new, I swapped the OEM radio in my 2008 Mustang for the OEM Nav radio. The swap was mechanically easy...plug and play...only needing to mount a satellite antenna under the dash. However, the Nav radio needed to be programmed for the specific vehicle. We had a 2008 Mountaineer and the Nav radios were the same as the Mustang, sp if you found one from another Explorer or Mountaineer similarly equipped, I suspect the programming would be good to go.

=Vic=

I did that on our 2007 and besides the antenna, nothing had to be programmed.

Back