switching off passenger airbag | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

switching off passenger airbag

odin2000il

Reaction score
Hi,

Does any one knows how can I disable the passneger airbag? I want to put a baby seat in the passenger seat.

I dont mind turning both airbags by disconnecting the fuse, but i cant find this fuse it is not on the manual.

does anybody knows if disconnecting the fuse will turn off the airbag mechanizm and if yes, where is this fuse.

Thanks in advance
Ron

The only thing I can recommend is that you place the infant carrier in the rear seat where it belongs. While I understand this is very inconvenient, the vehicle was not designed to accommodate a rear-facing child seat in the front passenger seat. Statistically, it's been proven time and time again that the safest place for a rear-facing child seat is in the back seat anyways. (specifically, rear, center seat) While this is not convenient, what part of having a child is?

Sorry.... not trying to sound like a jerk or anything.... the reality is that you own a vehicle that is not designed to do what you want it to. The only vehicles I know of that are equipped with such a device are those vehicles that are not designed to carry child seats in the rear (i.e. standard and extended cab pickups). In those few cases, F-150s and Rangers being two of them, there is a passenger airbag deactivation switch installed on the dash from the factory.

Sorry...

-Joe

I agree with Joe.

Either way pulling the fuse will not completely eliminate the possibility of the bag deploying

Back