Sync Applink Gets New NPR App, Destinations Hands-On | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink Gets New NPR App, Destinations Hands-On

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, nice. But not all Fords have Applink and guess what? That's right.

Check out the AppLink info on SYNCMYRIDE

Ford is asking for all developers to start looking at Applications for SYNC

Check out the AppLink info on SYNCMYRIDE

Ford is asking for all developers to start looking at Applications for SYNC

That's awesome news. Could open a lot of new features.

I agree. And, I suppose the potential is there. But as I see it, it's like owning an Android phone and saying, "look at all the apps that the iphone has." Without 'Applink' on the explorer... it is effectively a non-issue. My 2 cents

Without 'Applink' on the explorer... it is effectively a non-issue. My 2 cents

Agreed. Why wouldn't the explorer have applink? Seems ridiculous.

Well here's my hope against hope. I thought (but keep in mind I'm old and forgetful) that some time ago there was an interview or video talking about the new update for MFT. Therein I thought someone from Ford said that it would be completely updated and it would include some new features not previously provided. Everything I've seen thus far is effectively an update to existing features.... so, perhaps we may see it when the update arrives (although Ford has seem to readily announce Applink as it is expanded to other vehicles in their lineup).

The other 'ding' against this "hope against all hope" theory of mine is I also thought my 49ers would be playing today ;)

That's rich... I signed up for the mailing list on that page at the beginning of 2011, I haven't heard a damn thing about it. In their original 2010 press release they had said it would be an Open SDK/API, and available late 2010, however they have limited it to very few development teams, and even in that updated developer page say "you'll hear about more developers being added to our application ecosystem" .. so they are still picking and choosing who should be able to innovate, rather than allowing a public community to start building.

I purchased MFT as part of my vehicle because I was told I would be able to develop applications for it. Not only is Applink not available to MFT for our car, but it also isn't even an Open SDK as promised. I've contemplated visiting a lawyer over false/misleading advertising and/or sales, but have just decided that when it's financially feasible I'm ending my relationship with Ford. This entire experience from Sale to Maintenance to Customer Service has been awful. This has been the second worst automobile buying experience in my life.

I often get jealous watching the commericals for the new Toyota Camry, seeing their infotainment center with the Pandora and Iheart apps and such.

Some lady here just won her case against Honda for false/misleading fuel mileage claims on her hybrid. Sets the precedent for future lawsuits of this type.

Some lady here just won her case against Honda for false/misleading fuel mileage claims on her hybrid. Sets the precedent for future lawsuits of this type.

From what I have read (on the internets, so take it for what it's worth), since she won in small claims court, no legal precedent has been set.

Don't know if it's true or not. Any lawyers around here to confirm or deny?

Anyway, by the time we get our Explorer, I hope they have all of this stuff worked out!

From what I have read (on the internets, so take it for what it's worth), since she won in small claims court, no legal precedent has been set.

Don't know if it's true or not. Any lawyers around here to confirm or deny?

Anyway, by the time we get our Explorer, I hope they have all of this stuff worked out!

Honda settled a class action suit regarding the same issue, so I think anyone that did not opt out of that suit will have no legal recourse regarding the issue. The woman that won sent back the forms opting not to participate in the class action suit and instead filed a motion in California small claims court.

Since no small claims courts that I am aware of publish opinions, I don't believe they can be cited for precedent . I believe you can only use Supreme court and appellate court rulings for opinion citing.

I am no lawyer however :)

Just based it off what I heard on the news. But then again, the news was on the MFT radio in the EX, so maybe it glitched a few times and I lost the news report in translation and didn't hear it correctly. :)

Back