• Register Today It's free!

t/t &shackles

byro01

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I have a 2001 exp sport 4x4 and i called to see about getting the torsion twist done today, he said he could and said that i would need to get the parts to raise the back, my first question is what should i get and who from, im guessing wp shackles, next i measured my tires and wheel and figured i should be able to fit all terrain-33's right?will t/t tear up the cv axles when off roading or is it okay?one more thing, the tires i really like are the bfg/mt, but they seem to wide for the factory wheel, so can anyone reccomend a good somewhat narrow tire a litte more aggressive than the bfg all terrain, thanks for the time

byron

well the most i have seen anybody fit is a 32x11.50 ......go with warriors though some people use the 12 dollar auto zone shackles........cv's are usually alright especialy if u stay under 2"

byron, have you looked at the odder sizes of the BFG Mud? Namely the 33x9.50? The guys that frequent the wheel/tire board may have some suggestions. I have heard a lot of good stuff on the Dunlop Mud Radials... and they are nice looking, I saw a parked TRD Tacoma with'em (bigguns too) and they look real nice. Good Luck, becker.

Back