Tailpipe pic request, out the back and out the side | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tailpipe pic request, out the back and out the side

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

x2

The OEM pipes and the cats flow quite well, it's the HUMONGOUS muffler that's the cork.

I thought the factory exhaust size was 2.25", not 2.5". Is your muffler 2.5" out?

Stock pipe is 2 1/4". Used the SuperTurbo 2 1/2" because O'Reilly's site recommends it. :eek:
Only added pipe to make up for the muffler length and delete the resonator. Nice sounding.

Oh, ok. I need to find another sound/ heat shield for under my truck, I cut mine off when I did my exhaust the first time because it was in the way (didn't have pipe bender back then). My exhaust is loud, not cherry bomb obnoxious loud but definetely noticable in the cab and I'm hoping that piece will block some of the noise.

Did you remove the resonator? Todd and Eddie say moving the muffler back far as possible also makes a big difference.

If the heat shield doesn't help, I've got the resonator I cut off you can have for shipping cost. Flat Rate Boxes rule. :thumbsup:

I'd have to get two of them since I have duals. Thanks for the offer.

Doh! Senior moment, and I was just looking at your pics. :(

I just tested out my stock exhaust with a magnet and it is magnetic.

Some stainless is magnetic, probably 316L. The L stands for lead. Somewhat difficult to machine, but not to form quickly.

Back