Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

doesn't the green usually indicate they're filled with nitrogen?

...I've heard tales of such things and seen them in magazines, just never seen them up close before..:eek:

...I need to do a little more work and take this thing off road...:shifty_ey...Will my voice change if I inhale nitrogen???..:scratch:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...That's it...These tires are totally useless and I'm taking them back..

....I want Helium in my tires darnit...:D

What size are they?

I am planning on getting some KM2s for my truck...

...35x12.50x15's...I should have gotten the 37's but, they were a bit more...If I had the money to go to 17" wheels, I could have gotten more sidewall ply's...But if I buy a D44, and so on, and so on..:D

...These do have a speed rating of Q, 99 mph though..:burnout:

Now you need a Nitrogen Power Tank :p:

...The only money I will have will be from the 2 MTR's I am selling...That hopefully is going to help fund a new KM2 spare...:(

...In the meantime, I'm hoping to find a 15x10 wheel like whats already on the X...

...Forgot to add the mileage on the X when I bought the tires...204,676...:D

...Forgot to add the mileage on the X when I bought the tires...204,676...:D

Mine is at 311,000 - what are you waiting for? ;)

Mine is at 311,000 - what are you waiting for? ;)

...The day you bring your 06 Ranger out to Truckhaven and wheel it...:p:

...Sadly, my Ranger is quickly catching up to my X's total mileage..:(

...The day you bring your 06 Ranger out to Truckhaven and wheel it...:p:

Not happening! I want 1 truck to be shiny - the other one can be scratched and dented.

I know how you feel - my "new" one (the '06) has 69,000 miles on it already. :(

Not to mention offroad prowess, and it's already beaten the X in body damage :p:

...Is anyone else having a problem getting on DR or is it just me???

What's DR?

a-ha

...4th of July weekend and I'm sticking around home...I've been gathering parts for the Ranger and Pick your Parts is having their 1/2 off sale this weekend...Plenty of X's, a couple of Rangers, and a complete Navajo (pass side broken tail light) are there..

...I went to both local yards but never found what I was looking for for the Ranger...I did happen to find these stock stash boxes for the center console of the X though...These were not in my X when I purchased it and a year or so ago, pick your part wanted $12.50 for the pair...I picked them up this weekend for $3.50 in pretty clean shape...

...I have a lot of small nuts/bolts/screws etc. that I keep handy in the center console...I might as well of had an ammo box for the center console because any small part I needed was always at the bottom...These worked out great and turned one box into 3 separate, organized compartments...

...I now have easy access to my EF knife, pen's, flashlights, etc., sorted the misc. parts and can easily find stuff now..:biggthump
stash_trays_001.jpg

...And it still left me room on the bottom and in front of the trays for important stuff like Harley's flag, her sweater, binoculars, and some other stuff...:D
stash_trays_002.jpg

these fit in any shorty console? or are there built in tabs in your console

...These came stock in the Explorers and they just drop in to the consoles...;)

...I would think they would fit mounties too but I'm not sure..:dunno:

mounties never came with a shorty

I added one cause i got sick of the long console and its way to big and my rear ac and controls were never used...anyway I went to my local yard and found everything you are talking about...but it seems like I will have to get the entire black box in the console...my shorty seems to have come with slots for tapes (hahha I forgot about cassestes till then) the one you have and the one I saw seems to have slots for cds that sit under the little tray

Back