• Register Today It's free!

*TEASER* It's coming...

XonDubs

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 AWD Limited
Just got in the mail, my second 18" AA MAYHEM...I will have them both in a 16 c.f wall tuned to about the same as the current one is(29-30hz), 6 6" aeroports, all behind the back seat with one XXV COLOSSUS amp on each sub.
IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

I'm also looking at fiberglassing a set of 8" JL audio W0 subs in the doors along with the 6.5" DD component set and a good 4" midrange...

Excuse the crappy art...But it would look something like this...
10-06-09_1002.jpg

I'm thinking the metal in the door would have to be cut so the sub can be sunk in enough to not stick out of the door so much(the sub is like 4" deep)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what's the aprox. weight on that speaker?

Roughly 75 pounds...

definitely a nice product you got on your hands. but if you have one now...then you already know that lol. i wanna see the wall when it's finished

if your building a wall you should definitely ditch the aeroports.

and for the doors id use PA gear instead of crappy w0s...you wont get much from them. Make sure you have them amplified too whatever you build.

Jiminy crickets! Is there a pacemaker warning on that thing?! Nice sub though, keep the pictures coming.

dont get me wrong, i love loud music and even louder bass, but 2 18s and then 8s too is ridiculous lmao

dont get me wrong, i love loud music and even louder bass, but 2 18s and then 8s too is ridiculous lmao

the 8s will just be for midbass I assume. To round it all out. Ill be going the same route running some 8s or 10s for midbass upfront with my build.

Tons of people out there have loud low end setups...then some will focus on their mids and highs after that but very very few people really care to fill the void of midbass. So props to xondubs for caring about the whole spectrum

what are you running for mids in there?

the 8s will just be for midbass I assume. To round it all out. Ill be going the same route running some 8s or 10s for midbass upfront with my build.

Tons of people out there have loud low end setups...then some will focus on their mids and highs after that but very very few people really care to fill the void of midbass. So props to xondubs for caring about the whole spectrum

what are you running for mids in there?

Right on the money! :)

I'm running DD 6.5 components currently.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/09/DDC6_5.asp
As far as which 8" I will be running, I haven't fully decided yet.

Holy magnet, Batman! :D

im estimating a 152.2 @ 49 hz on the TL at the dash.

Not too shabby

So I been toying with a few wall designs today...
wall6.jpg

wall4.jpg

wall2.jpg

wall7.jpg

What you guys think?

hmmm...how big are those aeros? either way i think i go with the first one or the last one.

Aero ports would be 6" in diameter.

Back