The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

Yeah it needs some tubework pretty bad, im going to use the stock explorer seats for now, id like better seats but not really in the budget right now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

8c033704.jpg

man I need to just go in and paint that whole dash black don't I? not gonna look right for the stormtrooper paint effect with a red dash.

alright haven't worked on the rig for a while, I did weld the middle panel in to the floor and to the boatside yesterday but thats it. been doing gears on Heaths tow rig and went to a cleanup/trailrun yesterday at a wheeling area none of us have been to for quite awhile, filled up a dumptruck and a few pickups with garbage that had been left there by people dumping trash. here are a few pics of the clean up and the trail run.

a4ca8ba2.jpg

f8cfc718.jpg

8bd0cc93.jpg

722d71ae.jpg

here is a vid that isn't very good but oh well.
th_e7688721.jpg

cleanup was a success but frustrating, we finished it, went through the rocks and when we came back there were people there dumping **** out on the ground to shoot at, jeez people be responsible with your firearms! the red jeep in the pics turned his tracbar into a pretzel so we were recovering him. good times, ill work on the bdos periodically throughout this week.

oh jeez I uploaded the pic of Eric flipping me the bird, just trying to get a photo that made the offroad community that made us look like the good guys lol. other person in the picture is my kid brother, im glad we took him along, that punk is a hard worker. we raked that entire parking lot like that, it suuuuuuucked. but it is for a good cause.

oh jeez I uploaded the pic of Eric flipping me the bird, just trying to get a photo that made the offroad community that made us look like the good guys lol. other person in the picture is my kid brother, im glad we took him along, that punk is a hard worker. we raked that entire parking lot like that, it suuuuuuucked. but it is for a good cause.

I disavow any knowledge of said obscene gesture and blame it entirely on welding too much galvanized pipe

I disavow any knowledge of said obscene gesture and blame it entirely on welding too much galvanized pipe

were you building a cage for one of those rexburg offroad boys?

just got off the phone with Duffy from D&D machine to order one of his 1354 doubler kits, should be here on monday. super cool guy we talked rigs for about 1/2 an hr and he gave me some tips on installation of the doubler. pretty damn excited to get this thing rolling.

:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Sweet man can't wait to get it out on the trail

just got off the phone with Duffy from D&D machine to order one of his 1354 doubler kits, should be here on monday. super cool guy we talked rigs for about 1/2 an hr and he gave me some tips on installation of the doubler. pretty damn excited to get this thing rolling.

:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Sweet man can't wait to get it out on the trail

Eric where the hell are you? can't get through on the phone. Guess ill just stop by I have a few errands to run, IE get the welding gas bottles exchanged.

what do we think tube bumper and tube tailgate? gotta have somewhere to put my sponsorship stickers right?

872ba11d.jpg

I think im gonna gusset the hell out of that d44 so if I feel like it I can catch some air in this thing.
c6d7a9c5.jpg

Doubler :popcorn: But then again you'll have your doubler before I get my forever on back order ARB.

Now that's about as purdy as the sun shinning off my rifle barrel ha ha.

Pretty... But if you look closely that shaft looks like its bent, just a little...

you are a retard.

kit looks good, the big difference is that the tcase mounts directly to the plate on my version so as a result the threads for the bolts that hold the tcase have threads in the plate. on the dd kit it has a clocking ring so it bolts through the clocking ring and uses the existing threads in the front of the planetary, which I drilled out. so the next step is deciding what I should do about mounting the planetary to the clocking ring, I think I might just go get 5 7/16" bolts and enlarge the holes a bit, that seems like the most simple solution. btw guys this one comes with a warranty so its not the end of the world if the brand new chromoly shaft is bent lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back