• Register Today It's free!

The Emperor's new +4's

Tommy2000

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport, 92 EB
You guys don't lie. That Plug in the back on the 4L is a *****. Thanks for all of the suggestions about band-aids and peroxide; they were well warranted. Dead Link Removed
After reading posts about this procedure here for a couple months, I felt very prepared. I have wrenched on all of my past cars, motorcycles, ATV'S, jetskiis, etc., but this procedure was a particular challenge. While I was in there I also threw in some Allied 8.5mm wires, (Splits on order), and drilled the hell outta the airbox.

What a difference! The best way to explain this to people considering the prodedure is that your engine seems more relaxed, and breaths much easier. Doesn't feel as if it is working as hard. Sounds cool too. Dead Link Removed

If you are still unsure about the +4's, think of it this way, (you will understand after replacing them), YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN! Dead Link Removed

Some interesting considerations:

-Hands are chewed and beat, Dead Link Removed

-There were Champion (HA!) Plugs in there that were so old, on was actually partially melted to the block, and another actually broke into dust when I tried to remove it!

-About a month ago I had my rig in for an oil change while @ work at a chain-type bend-ya-over place, and I asked them to check the plugs, they told me they were "OK"...whatever; even my dog would take one look at those plugs and be able to tell that they were far beyond thier lifespan.

So, in conclusion, well worth the effort. (can't wait to feel the SplitFire's)

Thanks guys! Dead Link Removed

T

------------------
93 Sport 4X4, 150k Mi, Llumar Metallic Tinted Windows, GTS Taillight Covers, Sony CD and Boston Acoustics drivers

Back