"the green machine" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"the green machine"

Hey,hows everybody doin? My names Marcus and Im the proud owner of a 1994 Exploda XLT 2WD(wish it was 4WD).I bought my ex a lil over a year ago from my bestfriends dad for 1200,120miles on it, its my first vehicle and looking back I think I over paid because it needed alot of work but who cares.When I got it none of the power windows worked(replaced bushings), AC was broke(cost 400 at shop to fix), radio sucked(replaced entire system,added amps and subs), needed new brakes(replaced pads and shoes plus new drums),ABS light on(caused me to wreck into guardrail in the rain about two months ago),and to top it off if the vehicle was hot and I turned it off I couldnt turn it back on without it cooling down(replaced fuel filter,fuel regulator and fuel pump relay ended up doin the trick).onto the pics....

First day home,I actually took these pics cuz I was having buyers remorse and was gonna sell it on craiglist,lol.
bumper dented(replaced twice due to wreck)
392170552.jpg

not bad looking,bb gun wound but I like it
392170546.jpg

dirty carpet,torn seat
392170568.jpg

no drivers side door panel!?WTF
392170566.jpg

playing in the mud,not good when u got to do alot of work under vehicle
392170563.jpg

fight with guardrail,fix your ABS people!
392170559.jpg

broke l-beam,power steering gear box,fender turned into fruit roll-up,plus obvious
392170558.jpg

first day back on all 4's,ugly as ever but running
392170557.jpg

....now this is the exploda today
notice fender dents,used same fender after wreck,lol
392170554.jpg

billet grill 20 buck pick up from junkyard,had to bend back together after wreck
392170583.jpg

clean interior,new seats with cracks but no tears,power washed carpet using joe dirts method,new door panel
392170582.jpg

new headliner,did myself so thats why its bumpy but I like it
392170574.jpg

2 10's
392170577.jpg

painted stock rims
392170571.jpg

also added new magnaflow cat,new spark plugs and wires,many more.

I wanna to thank everybody on this forum,without this forum my explorer would be in a junkyard,this being my first vehicle I wasnt much of a mechanic but I've done all the work on my truck even when I wrecked it,except for the AC and lifetime alignment from firestone,Id say Im somewhut of a mechanic now thanks to you guys and my lil bro who loves cars,he drives an IROC(WOOHOO!)

oh yeah,it feels great,I wish I woulda never wrecked it but the experience I gained is priceless

Back