thermostat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

thermostat

ExplorerProbs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XL
hey i need to know something... 3 weeks ago my heat would just blow cold air so i changed the thermostat and it was working good till now... could it be the thermostat again? :help:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not really likely, there is a shut-off valve in line with the heater core line. Is it operating properly?

im not 100% sure, I would have to take a look. I was out there about 1 hour ago, and started it, and the heat was blowing nice with in 10mins... so sometimes it works, and some times not. :dunno:

Do you know what I am referring to? A little shut-off valve in the heater hose. You can see it under the hood very easily, plain sight.

It could be the heater core itself not being able to properly stay warm. I have that problem with my wife's 07' Ford Edge, and we had the thermostat professionally changed. For two weeks, the heat worked flawlessly, but a look at the heater core proved corrosion had set in.

no im not sure what ur talking about... but it was working fine then it craped out soon as it
got cold.... and could it still be the heater core if theres not water on the floor?..... its warm at 1st... but as soon as the truck gets warm the heat goes cold shouldnt it be the other way around... im going to change the thermostat onces more cuz it coulda been a ****ty one.... should i go with a 195 or a 180?

ok so i changed the thermostat and its working good again.... im so confused hahah.
the temp did drop to -15 would that be the prob?

Back