Thunderform + two 10 inch subs, is it possible? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thunderform + two 10 inch subs, is it possible?

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
Is it possible to run an MTX Thunderform in the factory spot as well as two 10 inch Kicker subs in a seperate box? If so, would it be worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you might as well just not have the factory placement. it would sound much better just to spend your money on getting two really good 10s and a powerfull amp. the only thing that factory place is good for is allowing storage space

Thanks Expo, I just was hinting at the idea of 3 subs :bounce: I already have two 10 inch Kickers, and I'm going to get a 1000w Kenwood amp to power them.

don't use the factory location, but three subs could be a good idea. what kind of box do you have now? you could fit three subs in one box in your x. that could be very cool. t

Eventually I wanna get three Audiobahn 10 inch subs that come in the cool mirrored box with the neon in it. :chug:

good idea, i just sold my subs, amp, and box to someone, but they were two 500 by two rockford amps, with 12" he2 dvc subs and a ported box. it had 4 20" sound activated neons that i mounted on it. It was really cool.

Back