Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i want my entire truck powdercoated with that!!!! do you have a big enough oven yet for that??? hehe

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

THAT IS COOL! It's like a 1st gen Sport Trac. I like those old school half convertibles like the old K5 Blazer and Bronco. Wonder why no one does it anymore?

12-17-09.jpg

OMG Christmas!! I hope Danny sent me one too! I love wiring harness'

Get the scrubbing bubbles out and strip all that black friction tape off there and lets get down to business! LOL oh wait your not modifying it are you? just bolt it in and go!!

12-17-09.jpg

OMG Christmas!! I hope Danny sent me one too! I love wiring harness'

Get the scrubbing bubbles out and strip all that black friction tape off there and lets get down to business! LOL oh wait your not modifying it are you? just bolt it in and go!!

I think I will just bolt it in and go with it. Man I hope this all works out well.

keeping our fingers crossed for you Jon, it will work out,
\takeyour time, and enjoy, ,

It should just bolt in, I kept as much plugged into that as possible. Jon, you know, there is no reason you cant just lay that on top of the engine and plug it in. You'll need to secure the ground near the computer but otherwise just plug and play.

There is a very badly chaffed and bare area in this harness, lots of verdigris and stuff,
I assume it is from the battery , and , surprise, it is the injector harness bundle .Several wires are bare and touching each other.

I will be able to plug the harness CDW6212R sent to repair it though. Simple enough. :D

dang, that's probably a product of it sitting in the Phoenix heat with the hood open in the junkyard. Everything under the hood gets pretty brittle here. Sorry about that Jon.

You know, Jon, I'd be more worried if it actually worked as it should. That'd be a whole new ball game in unfamiliar territory.

dang, that's probably a product of it sitting in the Phoenix heat with the hood open in the junkyard. Everything under the hood gets pretty brittle here. Sorry about that Jon.

Oh, it isn't anything but a thing---

I'm not mad at ya.
I felt a weird " fold" for lack of better terms when I was going over it, and had to dig into the bundle to find it. I have another "plug in" half so it really doesn't even matter.
Plumbers are here again today. All I want to do is mellow in the garage and wire this thing, and they keep chipping away at my house and my will.

The house isn't starting to lean yet is it?

I'm on my way!

Ik, it took quite a while for me just to get this-

12-18-09005.jpg

going further in I see a connector which needed to be unplugged, however it is capped off on the "new" harness.

12-18-09006.jpg

I need to get the connector off this thing. What is it and how much is a new one. The plug seems seized on there.

12-18-09004.jpg

The tab is broken off, and no amount of prying seems to even budge it.

Yes, that's the primary ignition electronics. It's like an aftermarket ignition box would function. It will come apart, but you may need to remove the whole unit to get at it better.

Thanks for the answer about the dis module.

The old "Main" harness is out

12-18-09007.jpg

Sparksaflyin' and I have the new one going back in

12-18-09008.jpg

12-18-09009.jpg

OK, for mind refreshment-
I am changing a California explorer to non california --
This means swapping the entire harness and ecm

The "new non california" harness has a little relay box, with 3 relays. Black brown and green

The "California" harness had no such box.

12-18-09010.jpg

12-18-09011.jpg

I can tuck it under the power distribution box ok, but what are they for? Anyone know?

Back