Tire question for our Canadian friends | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire question for our Canadian friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, so I live in Stony Plain Alberta and it is almost time to get new tires for the Explorer. Right now it has MotoMaster SE's on the front which have good tread but the sidewalls and cracking. On the back I have 2 different tires, a Goodyear Wrangler AT/S and a Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. Had them balanced and road forced and balanced on Saturday and the one back tire is showing 32lbs of drag or something to that effect. Let's just say I don't like the Wrangler's that are on this thing. They seem to have not very good traction in the wet/snow/ice

I would like to know what the best all-season tire is for under $175 per tire or so. I was thinking of either the Motomaster AW's ($74 each) or the SE's ($129 each). I need it to be quiet but also have good traction on the ice and snow as I don't want to buy 2 sets of tires.

Thanks in advance for the info and help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Per tire mounted?

Nope just the tires, I'll be getting my dad to mount and balance the tires for me. I don't trust anyone else to work on my vehicles except for me and my dad!

I have good experience with mine, They are Wild country M&S 235/75 R15 from KarlTire.

The past few years I had to use 4/4 almost all winter long, at least on the gravel roads, but with those not even half the time. Mostly I was able to drive in two wheel drive, and that saved gas....

Nicole

I have had two Explorers a 94 and now a 99. On both of those vehicles I had the Michelin LTX M/S. I recently had to change the Michelins due to them being worn out, and now have Hercules tires on since I can't afford new Michelins right now. If I could I would be buying those tires again with no hesitation. So in my opinion get Michelins. :)

KAL Tire Nokian Vativas

Had them on my 97X for years and show minimal wear.

Full roadside on them too, were arebout $175ea

-Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back