• Register Today It's free!

Tire rotation, how often?

eldoj

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer
I have a 2006 Explorer and put new tires on it about 5,000 miles ago. How often should I be rotating the tires and what is the right rotation process?

Thanks
Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard every 5000 miles. I rotate mine every oil change (7500 with synthetic oil)

The front 2 go to the back. The back 2 go to the front and cross sides.

When depends on how you drive your X, what the road conditions are like, what tires you have, etc. I rotate mine every 1000-1500 with super swampers and a rear locker on mountain roads. I only rotate the tires on my civic every 10,000 or so.

The front 2 go to the back. The back 2 go to the front and cross sides.

When depends on how you drive your X, what the road conditions are like, what tires you have, etc. I rotate mine every 1000-1500 with super swampers and a rear locker on mountain roads. I only rotate the tires on my civic every 10,000 or so.

I've always done/heard/read that for rear wheel drive, front tires criss-cross backward, and rear tires go straight forward. I guess as long as you're consistent, that's what really matters.

I do it every 5,000 with the oil change.

I agree. The owners manual states rear tires go straight forward, and front criss cross to back. Just did mine today. I usually do mine once or twice a year.

Back