TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could use some Torque Monsters. Especially at a better price. :D IM IN!!!!

00' 5.0.

I don't know if you have noticed I live in South Dakota... and have spent most of my adult life in the Midwest and Northern Plains... I do know about sand and road salt... I mean, you can practically watch the plastic parts on cars rust around here.

If the price is right, I am interested. I've been burned on a group-buy before though. How will payment be made, and to whom? Will delivery be disbursed by a buyer, or will they be sent direct from the maker? I won't do another where one person buys and then splits them up - no offense, but that has too much risk for a big-ticket item like this.

Mine's a 98. 09/98 build date on the door sticker.

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck. I put mine on yesterday. 10 hours later and a sliced open finger later. I finally got everything working good. Be careful with the stock exhaust manifolds, the ridges are extremely sharp.

I am down for a maybe. I am uncertain if I can get my tax return back before Feb. but I already planned on getting them at some point. I am 99% sure I need the earlier version, with the internal EGR. I would gladly buy a pair of these over a new set of rims. :D I'll ge the exact build date tomorrow.

If the price is right, I am interested. I've been burned on a group-buy before though. How will payment be made, and to whom? Will delivery be disbursed by a buyer, or will they be sent direct from the maker? I won't do another where one person buys and then splits them up - no offense, but that has too much risk for a big-ticket item like this.

Mine's a 98. 09/98 build date on the door sticker.

FreeMe, I totally understand your concern but not to worry. Your payment will be made directly to the company, and the headers will be shipped directly to you from the company. We're just going to place all of our orders at once as a group so that we can get the discount.
I spoke to Erica yesterday and she said that they're closed until Jan. 3rd but that they'll have the final price by then. And believe me, I'll negotiate.
-SKURZ aka Terry

FreeMe, I totally understand your concern but not to worry. Your payment will be made directly to the company, and the headers will be shipped directly to you from the company. We're just going to place all of our orders at once as a group so that we can get the discount.
I spoke to Erica yesterday and she said that they're closed until Jan. 3rd but that they'll have the final price by then. And believe me, I'll negotiate.
-SKURZ aka Terry

Thank you, Terry. Standing by...

Can I get in, please? 100% money ready to go. 2000 5.0.

Im in if the discount is good. 98 Explorer 5.0

im in pending the discount we get. Im a probably though as i have a cracked manifold and need new ones
2000 xlt 5.0

WOOHOO first post! I know I dont have any credability, but I want a set!! I have been searching for these headers for my swapped ranger for months, and was just about to drop SERIOUS cash on a set of custom long tubes. I have cash as long as it is a GREAT discount, (10% or more). Otherwise, im gonna just call, order a set, and try to bribe or beg my way to hopefully getting them sooner. You said youll have prices the 3rd?
EDIT: would be for a 2000 explorer engine w/ .5" intake spacer. If they have the Ranger headers available, even better.

I'm in also, I picking up a 97 this weekend hopefully. Not sure build date yet, but I will find out. :)

WOOHOO first post! I know I dont have any credability, but I want a set!! I have been searching for these headers for my swapped ranger for months, and was just about to drop SERIOUS cash on a set of custom long tubes. I have cash as long as it is a GREAT discount, (10% or more). Otherwise, im gonna just call, order a set, and try to bribe or beg my way to hopefully getting them sooner. You said youll have prices the 3rd?
EDIT: would be for a 2000 explorer engine w/ .5" intake spacer. If they have the Ranger headers available, even better.

You're officially on the list. We're up to 21 guys so far so we should get a good deal, and yes, I'll know the prices by the 3rd when they get back from vacation. I'm not sure about headers for the Ranger but I'll definitely ask. I believe that there's a few threads on here about guys who have used Torque Monsters in Rangers with 5.0 swaps. You should check them out.
My girlfriend is from Wichita too and wants me to head down there with her to meet the family. Maybe I'll get to see your truck first hand one of these days.

huge Lurker on here as well, don't post as much, possibly interested in getting in on this as I'm doing head gaskets and pretty much anything top end along with it. I wanna get rid of all the f'n exhaust noise/ticking etc from this truck... 00 5.0, with EGR, also in depending on the price...

Next question, guys running this header combo... Does the truck have to get tuned? I know it's usually a good idea, but just wondering... I have several SCT hand-helds for my other cars so been there and done that, just never to my Explorer. If that is the case, you guys got a good guy to recommend that knows this platform well?

They make a little bit different style ones or did?? for Rangers with Explorer 5.0s. I had a set of those, but Bob hand built those, not the shop that was mass producing the regular ones for Explorers. Or thats what he told me back when I got those.

Make sure also when you get price quote, you find out what kinda timeframe we will be waiting for them to get completed?

Thanks.

Time frame as well, only because I can't have this truck down for too long, might have to bail depending on that as well. Just want to be upfront.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don't need a tune for headers. Tunes just help you take better advantage of them.

Back