• Register Today It's free!

Tow Hook Install

V8powerbaby

Reaction score
City, State
Altus,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 V8 XLT
so i had some 10,000lbs Reese Tow Hooks i got from Lankhimself. i decided to put them on today and heres how it went.

started with this after i took my bumper off
IMG_0020.jpg

i then cut these tabs off to make it easier to bolt them on
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

there is one hole already there so i used it only had to drill one hole on each side
IMG_0023.jpg

bolted them up and here are some pics of the results
IMG_0024.jpg

• IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

i am happy with the end result. i had my buddy hook up to me and give it a couple tugs and they held like a champ. hope this helps someone out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pics with the bumper re-attached? I'm definitely interested in this project

Nice, any updated pics with bumper? Any loss of structural strength with removing the metal?

i used expedition tow hooks, and the process was the same, with a little more trimming of the front Facia, there was no structural integrity loss in the frame horns by cutting that tab out, its necessary to get your fingers inside to hold the bolt head down, i also drilled a second hole to prevent the tow hooks from moving. side to side.

10/4 nice job. I bought Cheby tow hooks years ago but was discouraged trying to get the nuts/bolts in such a small space. This looks like a great option.

Nice job!! I am in the process of installing tow hooks myself. Was it difficult removing the front bumper? Did the stock bumper fit okay after installing the hooks?

Back