• Register Today It's free!

Tow hooks

Markaprice73

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac XLT (RWD)
FYI..1998 Chevy Blazer tow hooks fit my 03 sport trac. Chevy trans went out awhile back and while admiring my sport trac one day I saw the rusted tow hooks sticking out of the front of the blazer. Hmmm..took em off sanded,prepped,and painted
BVHJhdmlzIFNvdXRod2VzdC0yMDEyMDcwMi0wMDU4Ny5qcGc-1.jpg

BVHJhdmlzIE5vcnRod2VzdC0yMDEyMDcwMi0wMDU4Ni5qcGc-1.jpg

BVHJhdmlzIE5vcnRod2VzdC0yMDEyMDcwMi0wMDU4OC5qcGc-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look nice but I wouldn't tell anyone they were Chebbies!:fart:

Nice, someone finally took my advice about the S-10 hooks working on a body lifted ST.

Nice, someone finally took my advice about the S-10 hooks working on a body lifted ST.

maybe it is just me but i do not see a body lift on any of those pics

In the first picture it looks like the bumper has been cut for the BL clearance. I could be mistaken.

Thanks guys:thumbsup: I would never tell anyone outside of this forum those are off a chevy:D That made me laugh out loud when I read that. My father in law gave my wife the chevy. He's been a chevy guy and has worked at a independent shop all his life until recently.. he now wrenches at a Ford dealer(for health insurance) and now owns a ford too. HAHAHAHA I give him crap all the time.
Nope. No cutting for a BL(yet:D)
Rebel..Dammit! I thought I had an original idea. I searched after I posted this and sure enough I saw your S-10 posts.:thumbsup: (by the way..hope ya feel better soon)
Also, dont remember if it was Rebels suggestion I read or not.. but should these brackets for the hooks be welded a little better?

Thanks. Yea I would suggest if you plan on using the tow hooks to fully weld the tow hook brackets to the frame. The stamp welds are easily ripped out and the brackets will bend up. Lono and I learned the hard way.

Back