• Register Today It's free!

TPMS Sensor Replacement

steve6534

Reaction score
City, State
Southern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 EB V8
I searched around and couldn't find a definitive answer to this one. I had one of my sensors fail earlier this year and now that I'm ready to replace the tires I figured it's a good time to replace at least the bad sensor and potentially all of them while the tires aren't mounted. Does anyone know for sure if the band or cradle needs to be changed along with the sensor itself ? I'm trying to buy the parts ahead of time to avoid getting stung at the shop for parts.

If you're keeping the stock wheels, and the shop knows what they are doing, only the sensor would need to be replaced. The cradle is double-side taped on the rim and then the band keeps it from coming loose. I just swapped out the wheels on my truck, so I knew I needed new bands (reused the sensors and cradles), but we still managed to snap 2 of the bands unintentionally. Best place I found for bands was AmericanMuscle.com. Their universal kit runs about $50 and can be installed with a screwdriver or nutdriver.

If you're keeping the stock wheels, and the shop knows what they are doing, only the sensor would need to be replaced. The cradle is double-side taped on the rim and then the band keeps it from coming loose. I just swapped out the wheels on my truck, so I knew I needed new bands (reused the sensors and cradles), but we still managed to snap 2 of the bands unintentionally. Best place I found for bands was AmericanMuscle.com. Their universal kit runs about $50 and can be installed with a screwdriver or nutdriver.

Thanks ! This is the best description I've been able to find on how the assembly actually goes together.

Back