For Sale - Trailer Hitch for 1st/2nd Gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Trailer Hitch for 1st/2nd Gen

I got this off of a 1st gen explorer at a junkyard and used it on my 2nd gen for about a year, but I no longer use it and it doesn't clear my leaf springs/shackles. It is possible to trim part of the plates that go up to the frame though if there is a clearance problem, but my springs aren't stock and have been relocated, so I don't know for sure if anyone else will have that problem. It bolts to the frame with no drilling in 4 places so it is very strong, and I'll include all the hardware. I was able to fit a 31" spare still also.

P1020702.jpg

You can see where the spring/shackle will contact the vertical plate, but there is room to trim it if needed.
P1020703.jpg

$40, local pickup from Long Beach only.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I'll take it if it's a 2" class III..:D

..I need a good replacement for mine that's all bent up..

I'll check for you tomorrow Ted. I'm pretty sure it's a 2". Is there something I should be looking for if it's a class III? Because the sticker isn't on it anymore.

...I can't really tell from your pictures but as long as it's a 2" it should work fine for me..

...I'm down south by Doheny for a week or so but if you need to get rid of it sooner let me know..;)

No rush. I'll save it for you.

..Thank you much..:biggthump

Ted, it is a 2" receiver. Do you still want it? Someone else said they would take it if you don't.

..Still need it and want it..

..Still down south. will be in fountain valley briefly either am or afternoon Saturday otherwise I will be up to you by Thursday eve.

Ok then I'll let the other guy know it's spoken for.

Back