transmission engaging problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission engaging problems

salamonius

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4X4
i have a 94 XLT explorer 4X4 i finally go the engine running good and having a bit of trouble with the transmission now put the transmission into reverse it works fine put the transmission in any forward gear and i get squat if i let it sit a few mins or rev the engine a couple times it will finally go into gear once it finally engages i can drive on it all day shifts smooths works great until i take it out of gear then i have the same problem again. fluid level is good fluid is clean getting ready to pull tranny possibly rebuild it any ideas what might be causing this? maybe save me the trouble of having to pull it? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

well against my better judgement i went ahead a replaced the filter and fluid....when i finished and started it up i was overjoyed it worked like it used to.....for about an hour anyway now it is doing the same thing it was doing not engageing into any forward gears i think there is something wrong in the valve body i think i might take the valve body off sometime this week and see whats going on. If there is someone out there that has a better suggestion of what might be causing this please let me know thanks all

I'm having this same problem. If I find anything that works I'll post it here.

Back