• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Problem

Camille

Reaction score
City, State
Port-au-Prince
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, Sport Trac, 4WD
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the forum. Glad to be part of the team. I need some help pls.

I have a Ford Explorer 2001 Sport Trac truck. Lately I rebuild the transmission because the Overdrive Planet assembly was destory,.
Since I put back the transmission, the emgine is working really bad, even on neutral RPM is dropping when pressing gaz Pedal, and shaking when not.

But when I unplug the external harness cable to the transmission, the engine work perfectly fine . Anyone has an idea please ?
I'm really struggling, I wouldn't like to open the transmission again.

For info, I have code for all the solenoid in the bodyvalve. But I tested them before closing the transmission, they were all working fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the wiring outside and maybe inside the transmission
Check your work, something did not get plugged back in fully? Wires got pinched?

Is this your first transmission rebuild?

What is the code

Check the wiring outside and maybe inside the transmission
Check your work, something did not get plugged back in fully? Wires got pinched?

Is this your first transmission rebuild?

What is the code
Yes, It is my first transmission rebuild.
I have all these codes.
I didn't check the wire. a mechanic advised me to change the body valve. but I doubt a body valve failure could affect the engine performance on Park and Neutral when I hit the gaz with the harness connected.

Those codes are from disconnecting the harness while powered up

Try disconnecting the battery
wait a few minutes
Reconnect

Then your truck will think it is new and begin to Re learn

Then we can start fresh

The 5r55e valve body and separator plate gaskets can be a huge source of issues with these transmissions. The engine shudder might g you are experiencing can be from a bad re install m, bad converter or the wiring. The fact that the engine smooths out when trans disconnected is interesting.

Did you clean out the cooling stack (radiator, trans cooler and lines) while the transmission Was out? You do not want any of the old material on your reman transmission

Rebuilding a 5r55e can be very difficult it is. It one of the easier units to remanufacture
It can take a first time builder 2-3 attempts to get it 100%

Those codes are from disconnecting the harness while powered up

Try disconnecting the battery
wait a few minutes
Reconnect

Then your truck will think it is new and begin to Re learn

Then we can start fresh

The 5r55e valve body and separator plate gaskets can be a huge source of issues with these transmissions. The engine shudder might g you are experiencing can be from a bad re install m, bad converter or the wiring. The fact that the engine smooths out when trans disconnected is interesting.

Did you clean out the cooling stack (radiator, trans cooler and lines) while the transmission Was out? You do not want any of the old material on your reman transmission

Rebuilding a 5r55e can be very difficult it is. It one of the easier units to remanufacture
It can take a first time builder 2-3 attempts to get it 100%
Thak you for your reply.
what do you mean by "The fact that the engine smooths out when trans disconnected is interesting." ?

Yes I did a full clean. I guest the bigest thing to do now would be to check any possible lose connection or pinch wire in the harness outside and on the bodyvalve ?

Back