Tube question....might need to be moved to the tire section.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tube question....might need to be moved to the tire section..

Chris Grover

Reaction score
But, that will be someone elses call:

I have a set of 40" Ground Hawgs that have dry rotted sidewalls. What I want to do is to put a large tube in there until I get the $$$ up to get the tires I need. However, the tube that I KNOW will work will not be available for about a month at LEAST. However, I can get the following:

14L x 16.1 (perfect, except it is for a 16.1" rim)

33.5" x 21.50" x 15 (a little too wide, but it might push the tube up into the tire to the right height).

So, which one should I try to use to run?? Or should I wait until I can attempt to reorder one or more?? I am pretty partial to the 14L x 16.1 due to height/width near perfection as well as cost and availability.

In case you are wondering, the right tube is sold by Marsh Racing. It is called "The Giant Racing Tube" and the product number is 25-56G15RT. It is supposed to fit 31"-38" tires and goes from 14" to 18" wide. If ANYONE can get this tube, let me know!!!

Okay, after talking to Marsh Tire and quite a few other places (as well as making my own observations on the WEB), the 14L x 16.1 is the tube to use. Basically, according to Marsh Tire, the Giant Super Tube for the 15" is the same for the 16". The ONLY issue will be the vavle stem hole. Farm Implement (14L) uses the 5/8" hole where as the normal tires use about a 1/2" hole. BUT, since they are still rims, I can find a drill bit to fix that little problem.

Back