Tuner Test | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tuner Test

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, it was fun man. I know something wasn't right with your ride though. You should have beat me. Good luck next week, I'm sure you will get your #2 spot back:) And if you do, I'll just get it back next time:D

Here is how my runs went. Last year's run was exhaust only. This year was with a 93 tune, electric fan and some holes drilled in the front of the stock airbox.

Last years time- 60'-2.270
1/8-10.174 @ 67.85mph
1/4-15.953 @ 84.60

Tonight's time w/ new mods- 60'-2.149
1/8-9.772 @ 70.02mph
1/4-15.421 @ 85.87

WOW. I'm going to have to order a tuner from James like... right now. Seriously.

Even accounting for the difference in your 60' time of .121 (generally every 0.1s improvement on the 60' results in 0.2 in the 1/4 for anyone who doesn't know), you still gained an undisputable 3/10s from the tuner! That's really impressive. I was never much of a believer in tuning an near-stock NA vehicle, but you really gave me something to chew on.

wow thats impressive dam good times!!!!!! i wanna pick up a tuner but gonna have to wait till the SC is on :(

Get it, you'll be happy!!! We had close to a 10mph headwind that wasn't helping anything:) I have a change or two I want to try next time out with the tuner. How much help did that plenum make? Get some pics up when you get your wheels and tires.

Edit- Mack, I know you will get pics of your wheels and tires when you get back for R&R, I was just referring to Frank and didn't want to annoy you because I have noticed in some threads that me on several others keep asking you for pics;) When you get that supercharger on, you better make some video's of the Mounty getting sideways through 3rd:D What's really going to suck is if you get it finished and drive it, you then have to leave for however long again. If you want, I will babysit it for you?

idk if ill have time to do the supercharger and motor swap in 2 weeks with the whole family crap and that stuff. if i do ill def. post a run and try to get it to the track on the 33s and stock tires haha.

The plenum made a nice difference. I had the C&L plenum and 75mm throttle body on both my GT's, and just the trickflow and stock TB on the Mounty. In all three cases there was noticable improvement. On the Mustangs, I spent over $400 on each, but this time I only spent $110, and I'm just as happy. I think almost all of the gains come from the plenum and not the larger throttle body. If anything the slightly smaller throttle body might create an anti-reversion chamber, which would be good, but I'm not an engineer, just a guy with a lead foot. It's a no-brainer in my book - it's a difference you can feel for cheaper than something you might not feel (cold-air intake or cat-back exhaust]. Highly recommended.

if you replace the plenum/manifold/throttle body combo. i would go with the trickflow manifold/plenum piece and a BBK 75mm throttle body...i went with the professional products manifold and i was less that satisfied with the results i got for my 18 hour installation...im pretty sure the trickflow would be a better product...as its actualy a different design than the professional product one(it appears to be a VERY SLIGHTLY bored metal version of the stock PI manifold..)....i saw a pretty good gain from just my plenum and 75mm throttle body...im about to make a custom intake pipe for my CAI though(its a 65mm...i want an 85mm)...keep us updated man, good runs.

I got some good news from a friend of mine that's pretty active in the local racing scene. He told me that with the humidity and higher elevation of KCIR, that our time would probably drop 2 tenths at heartland park, and that's not including the head wind we were going into.

Well that's awesome news!!! I will try to make it out next thursday to watch but I have a feeling that it will be a short while before I can race again. I'll keep you posted on when I can make it out. Thanks for the news.

Why are you not racing anymore?

Why are you not racing anymore?

Whatchya talkin about Willis? :) Main reason is because I was in a hurry to make it to my moms last weekend and I got a speeding ticket.:mad: Not that it will stop me from racing, I just need to pay that ticket off and chill for a bit. Also, I clinched the second place for N/A exlplorers in the 1/4 and until I get beaten, I will then aim for 1st. To break into first, I need to gain about 6-7 tenths of a second. Only way that will happen is if I remove my entire interior and have a 30+mph tailwind:) I also have new wheels and tires that are going on and then I am going to see what my topspeed is. Hoping to touch 130mph:thumbsup:

lol be carefull at over 100+ man. at around 105 my whole truck starts to do the whole rattle thing, idk if its alaskan roads(my Trans am never had a problem)...or the fact that im running factory rims and A/T tires with a pretty agressive trim...ive hit 120 with my buddys Cobra Rims on it...backed off cus i was running out of room, no doubt this thing can get to 120 plus.

I'll second that - I'm 27 with 29 points on my license. It gets very expensive! Do your best to save it for the track, and you'll be much better off! Please be safe. :)

<---- Redoing exhaust today, and am getting Livewire on Tuesday - nothing like a little friendly competition, no? :D

Zero-I am going to be safe about doing it and see if the airstrip will let me do a quick blast. It's a small jet airstrip and I know a guy that has his own plane(and Ferrari F430) that may be able to talk to the "head" guy.

Frank-I have two words for ya- Bring it:D

lol i wish i had an airstrip that i could use that was 1.5+ miles long, i would be in freakin heaven...as the saying goes...willpower is no match for horsepower.

The airstrip is less the 5 min from me. If you have ever heard about the Texas mile, I would like to see what I could do. I think I would have trouble hitting 130mph in the mile though. There is also a lot of new roads being built and I have thought about getting on one at night if no ones around and making sure its PLENTY long before attempting a run. Just hard to find somewhere close enough and safe enough to do this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back