Turn signals and hazard flasher not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turn signals and hazard flasher not working

Tennexp

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I have a 98 explorer sport and the turn signals nor the hazards are working at all. I have checked the fuses and they are fine. Would this be a problem with the flasher relay? Or is there something else I need to check as well. AutoZone has a replacement flasher relay but I just hate it when I have to make 3 or 4 trips down there just to switch out parts till I find out which one is bad so any help here would be appreciated. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Multi-function switch?

Joe

If everything else is working fine, I would buy a new flasher.

welp

I went and bought a flasher at Autozone then crawled underneath the dash to find it ( no it is not in or behind the fuse panel on the 98 heh ) where my Haynes manual claims it is and cannot find it anywhere..... I took off the lower panels under the steering column and looked all over *sigh* so now in frustration I am taking it to a shop in the morning. I will post my results .... maybe the info will save someone else a trip to the mechanic. :(

Not sure about the '98, but on a '94 we have a fuse panel under the steering column (thats where our flasher is), its in plain sight. We also have a fuse box under the hood.

It is not there on the 98.... it is on the driver side panel on the side of the dash ... and there is no flasher in there at all. Turned out to be the multi-function switch.

Stoked you fixed!

Multi function switch, so what did they just rename it?

Back