Vacuum Reservior | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum Reservior

dtom29

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer
Where is the Vacuum reservior located on a 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer with 4.0? A little backround, Vents will change at idle or when vacuum is highest during deceleration but will default to defrost during acceleration or normal driving which indicates a vaccum leak.
Also, what is the color code on the vacuum block under the dash, and what should be in the top port? I plugged the top port in the vacuum block under the dash but there is no loose hose hanging under there. I also have a problem with the driverside vents being warmer than the passanger side. I'll change the blend door actuator after solving the vacuum problem.

The last time I looked, the vac reservoir is attached very near the front blower motor. I don't know the colors. I assume you know the reservoir is almost never the problem. So many tubes to crack, so many diaphragms to leak...

Yes, but I want to start there and try the starting fluid method to find the leak. Thanks for the reply

Anybody else know if all the vacuum block ports are used? I didn't post this before...I have the duel control auto climate control.

Back