• Register Today It's free!

Valve cover bolt locations.

Jobie

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cordova California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Aerostar Cargo
I just pulled my valve covers on my 94 3.0 Aerostar and forgot where all the valve cover bolts with the pins that stick out of them go...Some I know where they go but don't want to put them where they don't go since it isn't an easy deal to work on them after they are back on... Does anyone here have a layout of where they go??? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The thread size is the same for all of the bolts, so the ones with a stud are only for mounting hooks to keep the ignition cables in place. They would go on the outer part of the valve covers as a general rule.

Got that...

The thread size is the same for all of the bolts, so the ones with a stud are only for mounting hooks to keep the ignition cables in place. They would go on the outer part of the valve covers as a general rule.
The thing I am wondering is that there are 7 of them with studs for both ign cables and accessory wires that go in the upper center of the valve covers...

What I was wondering was if anyone had a picture or diagram of the upper end of the 3.0 motor that showed where these studs went...

One thing that I overlooked is that the fuel injectors use these studs for the wiring harness on the inner part of the valve cover. Sorry for the confusion. Here are a couple of diagrams:
1993_Ford_Aerostar_3_0L_engine_.jpg

1997_3_0L_Aerostar_engine_.jpg

Great!

Thank you for the diagrams BB...I see that I had them correct...The one on the very back bottom of the drivers side I moved to the back upper...It made no sense to have it there as it looks like with it at the bottom, like it was, it was slowly rubbing away the fiberglass heat shield...The one thing I did have to do was slightly pull back the coil mount to make sure the wires could be free to move behind it...Got it all back together and it seems to run great! I changed the timing chain that had 225,000 on it...timing cover gasket and seal...All the vac hoses, water pump..new autolite spark plugs, Borg Warner plug wires and upgraded to a new HD radiator instead of the small 2 or 3 core that was in it...And of course, the valve cover gaskets...
Thanks again!

Back