• Register Today It's free!

Vapor return line - replacement?

gsmaclean

Reaction score
City, State
Strongsville, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited
I need to find a replacement fuel vapor return line for my 1994 Limited. It is a steel tube that connects to a rubber inline connector near the fuel filter, and runs (I assume) all the way back to the fuel tank. It runs parallel to the stainless fuel supply and return lines. It has rusted out so badly that it is leaking vapor, and gasoline is condensing on the frame around the leak.

I usually use rockauto.com for my parts, but they don't have it, and a few other places I've looked don't have it, either. Anyone have an idea where I might find one? If I can't find one, I'll have to fabricate something myself, which I'd rather not do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you already tried the dealer? It might be pricey, but they do tend to have everything. If the connectors will just go on replacement tubing, you might be able to bend up some stainless tubing of the same diameter as the stock like and just attach the connectors.

IF it is indeed a dealer only piece, check with Tori as Fastpartsnetwork.com (sponser of this site). He can get just about any dealer part.

~Mark

I don't think the dealer is going to have it. You may have to go with a junk yard one. Good luck.

I don't think the dealer is going to have it. You may have to go with a junk yard one. Good luck.

Problem is, around here, any junk yard donor is going to be pretty well just as rusted. They don't seem to exist new anymore, from anyone.

I think my only option is to fabricate one. I think that's the route I'm going to take.

Back