VCA_app.exe encountered a problem? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

VCA_app.exe encountered a problem?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
So I was hoping after my second APIM replacement, and with the latest upgrade that my SYNC would behave... Well... What the heck is vca_app.exe? Now my SYNC stopped working too.

It says Application Error

Application vca_app.exe encountered a serious error and must be shut down.

I'm guessing SYNC just died... *sigh* The problems...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I was hoping after my second APIM replacement, and with the latest upgrade that my SYNC would behave... Well... What the heck is vca_app.exe? Now my SYNC stopped working too.

I think that the APIM requires replacing, again or to be 'reflashed'. A member of an Edge Forum also had this.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/7281-black-screen-of-death/

Peter

I think that the APIM requires replacing, again or to be 'reflashed'. A member of an Edge Forum also had this.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/7281-black-screen-of-death/

Peter

FRUSTRATING! I had it replaced TWICE. Now it'll be the third time! It's really annoying! Especially when I just started to like my MPGs and how smooth the car feels now... Ford really needs to make a notification to us owns their APIM is definitely flawed and that they will have a redesigned one right?

.....Ford really needs to make a notification to us owns their APIM is definitely flawed and that they will have a redesigned one right?
I think they sort of admitted that there is/was a problem in the letter they sent out to the owners and by extending the warranty on the APIM to five years regardless of mileage. I also hope that this means that they are working on correcting the problem.

Peter

... the letter they sent out to the owners and by extending the warranty on the APIM to five years ....

they did ?!?

guess ours is too new to get the letter (or the problem I hope :) ):thumbsup:

I'd like to escalate this to our Customer Care team and get your MFT up and running. Please send me a private message with your VIN, dealership name and city, approximate mileage, and your best contact phone number.

Rebecca

they did ?!?

guess ours is too new to get the letter (or the problem I hope :) ):thumbsup:
My letter from Ford of Canada was dated April 15th. The tech that worked on updating my MFT version to 2.8 quite a while ago, told me that Ford was extending the warranty.

Peter

Back