• Register Today It's free!

waste spark system

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
poor run time any one want to elaborate?

ive backprobed my cam sensor changed pcm's still the same poor run time ...it gets worse...a head job new rods lifters rockers gaskets poor run time still missing cleaned up my battery terminals on top of the engine and wondering if I should change the negative battery terminal

doesn't make sense anything I do has same poor firing symptom of course I changed the coil the ohms test is good

the waste spark system is dependent on what wiring? I feel I may have lost energy to ground what would or could be the next culprit as the drivers side bank /heads are suspect …. the coil seems dependant on the screws that mount the coil to the coil stand regarding impedance checking seems like I have spark just not able to tell how much

You mentioned a possible issue with your negative terminal. How about the ground from your engine to the body, and to the battery?

I don't understand what you mean by poor run time. Do you mean it runs for a while and quits? Do you mean it runs poorly at times?

Cam Sensor Is there to time the sequential Injectors, the Crank Sensor times the ignition. There is an Ignition Module near the battery on the radiator support. I have heard these are difficult to test properly.

The wasted spark system is very robust but because the secondary windings in the coil do not go to ground but instead go to another spark plug they consume plugs and wires at twice the standard rate. The normal sign of wear is occasional misfires under load when they normally don't occur. Premium wires and double platinum plugs are necessary to good running. I recommend Lifetime Warranty plug wires from someplace like NAPA as it will save you money as they are about twice as expensive but after your second set you are getting the wires for free.

not a bank of caps no wiring im off to look for harness info

Back