• Register Today It's free!

Water drains in body sills?

AS27

Reaction score
City, State
Moscow, Russia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 LTD
Are there drain holes or slots in '08 Explorer side body sills? I was unable to find any. It's brand new, and the drains, if they exist, cannot be clogged. There are a few holes on the inner side of the sills, but they seem not to drain water from the bottom.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there drain holes or slots in '08 Explorer side body sills? I was unable to find any. It's brand new, and the drains, if they exist, cannot be clogged. There are a few holes on the inner side of the sills, but they seem not to drain water from the bottom.
I'm trying to find mine too. I can't believe no one replied to you in 9 years. I think this is why the rocker panels rust

do you have a sunroof? there are 2 drains up top

I’ve noticed my rear doors hold water in the bottom as well. So weird

Clean out the plastic drains on the doors

I believe there are drain slots at the pinch molding under the rocker panels. But they are very difficult to locate. I'm having no luck. I think that's why these rocker panels rust out. When you open your doors does water drain out? I find the door gasket holds water in when the door is closed. I pressure wash the bottom of my doors occasionally to make sure they drain well

I believe there are drain slots at the pinch molding under the rocker panels. But they are very difficult to locate. I'm having no luck. I think that's why these rocker panels rust out. When you open your doors does water drain out? I find the door gasket holds water in when the door is closed. I pressure wash the bottom of my doors occasionally to make sure they drain well
I can’t find mine either.

Back