• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech heads up

kyk96

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Just thought I would post this to give others a heads up. I have a newly purchased 2002 XLT and want to keep it looking good, so I ordered the floor liners from MacNeil. I have the 60/40 rear seat and no 3rd row seat. I ordered and receive the only part number they offer for that year and style, but the second row liner does not fit.

I called and emailed them pics. The reply was that there are 2 different styles of floor brackets used on the these Explorers and their line only fits one style. I guess I win the prize for having the wrong ones! I wasn't real happy with their "oh well your SOL" attitude. I would expect more for the price they get for these. They did offer me a refund if I return it and at least they were friendly. I think I will try to do some trimming and get it to fit around the brackets. The front edge fits fine.

Something to check out before you order!

Kip
Tipton, MI

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got the WT front, pass and cargo mats and love them. Kinda pricey. I previously had the carpeted CatchAll mats and the carpet didn't hold up to stains after about a years use.

Did you get the WT liners through a vendor or Summir Racing? Want to get the cargo mat. It looks like it fits great!

McNeil seems to want an awful lot for rubberized mats! My front ones are from WalMart and cover the frt very well! Just wondering why it's so much...gotta be tooling to make them.

I got mine through a local vender. I got the two piece cargo mat cause I got 3rd row seats. I just wish they had liners for the 3rd row.

mcneil seems to want an awful lot for rubberized mats! My front ones are from walmart and cover the frt very well! Just wondering why it's so much...gotta be tooling to make them.

buy american! :) if you buy mcneil you put bread and butter on an american table, if you buy some china made mat's you put rice on their table:(. Americans need to suport american job's!!:). Sorry this was not pointed at you, just everybody in general!:)

They don't compare to cheap garbage Chinese rubber wal mart mats. These weather tech mats are in ALL of my cars and they are amazing. They clean up like new ever time and they are the only mats that don't have a hole in the middle of them from me getting in and out of the car. They are worth every f'n penny. And yes, they are made in the USA w/ American/Canadian machinery. That's worth the extra money right there.

they don't compare to cheap garbage chinese rubber wal mart mats. These weather tech mats are in all of my cars and they are amazing. They clean up like new ever time and they are the only mats that don't have a hole in the middle of them from me getting in and out of the car. They are worth every f'n penny. And yes, they are made in the usa w/ american/canadian machinery. That's worth the extra money right there.

^^^ that's what i'm talking about, you get what you pay for! ^^^

I went with the Weather Techs through Auto Anything. First row, second row, third row and two piece cargo liner just in case the third row is in the up position. All mats fit excellent.

Back