Webasto vs Inalfa aftermarket sunroof | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Webasto vs Inalfa aftermarket sunroof

wellcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I'll be getting a sunroof install at the end of this week or next week on my 99 4 door explorer and would like to know which brand would be the best one. The company that will be doing the work is a reputable company here I Orlando and I've seen their work and it's incredible. They say they can install any of then since they are authorized deallers and they say both are good. Basically the only difference between the Inalfa and the webasto is that inalfa has a metal trim that covers the cut out opening and the webasto is rubber. When it comes to warranty webasto has lifetime and inalta has 6 years or 60k miles. I've been doing a lot of research and talked to the installer extensively about both brands and I'm trying to decided between the 2.
I'm considering more webasto because of the lifetime warranty and because the buttons look more factory than the inalfa switch.
Does any one has any experience with any of the 2 brands or have worked with any company installing them?
Also, I know I'll be installing a wind deflector and I was wondering if it can be done with the webasto hollandia730 which is the one that works in the exaplorer. I know it can be mounted on the Inalfa because the trim piece has a lip that works perpeft for that, but since the webasto has a rubber trim piece I don't know if it has somewhere that I could attach the hooks for the aftermarket wind deflector.

Opinions will be appreciated.

I'll be getting a sunroof install at the end of this week or next week on my 99 4 door explorer and would like to know which brand would be the best one. The company that will be doing the work is a reputable company here I Orlando and I've seen their work and it's incredible. They say they can install any of then since they are authorized deallers and they say both are good. Basically the only difference between the Inalfa and the webasto is that inalfa has a metal trim that covers the cut out opening and the webasto is rubber. When it comes to warranty webasto has lifetime and inalta has 6 years or 60k miles. I've been doing a lot of research and talked to the installer extensively about both brands and I'm trying to decided between the 2.
I'm considering more webasto because of the lifetime warranty and because the buttons look more factory than the inalfa switch.
Does any one has any experience with any of the 2 brands or have worked with any company installing them?
Also, I know I'll be installing a wind deflector and I was wondering if it can be done with the webasto hollandia730 which is the one that works in the exaplorer. I know it can be mounted on the Inalfa because the trim piece has a lip that works perpeft for that, but since the webasto has a rubber trim piece I don't know if it has somewhere that I could attach the hooks for the aftermarket wind deflector.

Opinions will be appreciated.

Inalfa's Signature Series roofs are superior to the Webasto roofs, and they too carry a lifetime warranty. Your information from the installer regarding 6 years is out of date. Also please note that Webasto sunroofs produced between 2002 and 2009 have been recalled for safety reasons - the glass flies out of the vehicle because of faulty glass to bracket bonding. Inalfa's sunroofs use an encapsulated glass system where the brackets attach to the encapsulation and not to the glass. I recommend the encapsulation method - Webasto recalled 300,000 rigid-acrylic bonded units - ouch!

I called inalfa last week asking for their warranty and they also told me 6 years or 60k miles warranty. The one he said he can install was the ASI.

I just called them again to bouble check and they told me the same thing and that the other models have a 3 year or 30k miles warranty.

Back