• Register Today It's free!

Well Here i go!

James36330

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sport
Hi everybody!, First off glad to be here.
I am now a explorer owner...Check that: PROUD explorer owner!, This is my first ford of any kind and i'm really looking forward to tinkering with it and modding this little ride to my liking. As i type this my wife is driving it home from the bank.
The vehicle is a 1999 Explorer xlt sport, Metallic blue with grey trim package.
Just bought it from a co-worker who had to move back to california and did not want to bring it back with her. Has about 145,000 miles on it and runs smooth for an older truck.
I'll post pics later today after i look it over and see just what all i got to do to it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! you will find anything on here you are looking for!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Welcome, theres tons of great posts here to do just about anything you want to your truck. These are good guys.

Thanks guys for the welcome. Been tinkering around with her for a bit today when my wife brought it home. The good: Runs great! shifts smooth, Handles as can be expected. Interior is in very good shape. leather is a little worn. But for a 99' that's cool. Everything inside works,
The Bad: Some scuffs on the fender flares where i take it my co-worker was a less than perfect parker :), A bit of flaking in powder coated parts i.e. door posts,roof rack etc. Nothing a few coats of satin black wont fix :D.
The rear wiper was supposed to be "All messed up and stuff" lol. Well a little snugging up the retainer bolt and good as new. The hood won't open. Seems to be tension on the latch. i see it pulling at the spring. Its just not opening. Grrrrrrr! (Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated) The chrome wheels are coated in such brake dust that i can begin to wipe it off! its on there and i'm afraid the only way to get it off is to hit them with a brillo pad.
But all and all it's looking like it's gonna be a good little ride

My wheels were pretty crappy when I got my X. There was a lot of crud but no rust. The previous owner hadn't cleaned them in a long time. I used the Sonic Scrubber Pro Detailer (got it at Wal Mart about $20) and regular auto wheel cleaner. It did a great job and the best part is that you don't kill yourself scrubbing.

picture.php

Here's what my wheels looked like after the first cleaning:

picture.php

Hope this helps out and good luck getting those wheels clean. :thumbsup:

My wheels were pretty crappy when I got my X. There was a lot of crud but no rust. The previous owner hadn't cleaned them in a long time. I used the Sonic Scrubber Pro Detailer (got it at Wal Mart about $20) and regular auto wheel cleaner. It did a great job and the best part is that you don't kill yourself scrubbing.

picture.php

Here's what my wheels looked like after the first cleaning:

picture.php

Hope this helps out and good luck getting those wheels clean. :thumbsup:

Thanks rondo! I'll give that a shot. Well i went back out in the dark after youtubing my hood problem. and got it fixed :D and half a can of WD40 later were all smiles lol

Thanks rondo! I'll give that a shot. Well i went back out in the dark after youtubing my hood problem. and got it fixed :D and half a can of WD40 later were all smiles lol

No problem. I used WD-40 on my hood as well.

Back