What cha think? My 03 Sport Page... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What cha think? My 03 Sport Page...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, it works, so please take a moment to look at my Sport and give me some feedback, keep in mind that I have only had it for a little over a month and a half now, bought it off the showroom floor...:eek:

A couple things, that a nice X and good choice on the color. Personally I'd get rid of the personalized plate and the front plate. That's just my personal opinion because I'm not big on people who put those kind of plates on a vehicle (especially the personalized plate). Other than that your X looks sweet. Now it just needs dropped a few inches and put some nice rims on it.

BTW: Your page would look a lot better if you clean it up a little, that's a lot of extra stuff on there that kinda takes away from your ride.

:eek: ok, cool, I respect that, I take it as good feedback to hear others input, thats why I posted this. I guess I did get a bit carried away with all the amimation in there, I got into that mode one day and went crazy with it. I will take any input into consideration thats given to me. I really would love to lower it, but that is going to be sometime down the road, since that cost a few bucks to do. And of course I will get rims for it. As many, I have to do things a little at the time, as it cost an arm and leg to do things....lol Seriously, thanks for the input...

Brandon:eek:

Originally posted by XPlorThis
I guess I did get a bit carried away with all the amimation in there, I got into that mode one day and went crazy with it.
I used to do the same thing when I first started web designing. I would go nuts with them and later on I figured out how much it takes away from the content and the page.

Valid point, it's easy to get carried away sometimes. I will clean the site up a bit today, as you do make a great point.:eek:

Looks good, you might want to think about taking that tip off, it hang down way too far.

oh, sorry, that was an older pic, I have already removed the tip,,,,,,,, it was ugly........... will be updating some new pics soon.......... thanks for the input.......

Good page but a bit animated, yes. Keep up the good work, these things are always a work in progress. :)

Great lookin rig you've got!!

Thanks for the compliments guys.....:D I know the page is a bit much with all the animation, I am going to tone it down allot.......... but as for the actual comments on my vehicle, that means allot to me.:eek:

Originally posted by XPlorThis
Would love some input on my Sport... any suggestions to improve?

Brandon, you have a nice rig there. I do like the personalized license plate. I plan to get one myself eventually. I just had a bit of trouble translating what you were trying to say on yours. Does it say, For You To Be Envious? :D I like the "Total Obsession" plate on the front...too bad we can't have them here. State law requires we have front and rear plates

I will agree with Travis about the site. In Web Design, less is more.

Nice ride. Where did you get your SS grill and how much did you pay? Are you gonna get the lower grill too?

:eek: Well, here it is first thing in the morning at work, got many post to reply to.:D Once more guys, thanks for the compliments on my "rig" , never heard it called that before. lol But as for the personilzed plate, yes, it's short for "For u 2 B envious" , basically because of that's what I wanted. lol and the front mirror plate, I love it as well, so those 2 things aren't going anywhere. I do plan to downsize the site on cardomain today to make it less animated. I got the speed grill ordered from a local place here in Winston Salem, you just call the guy up, he orders right then and there, it's there the next day, love it. And yes, I do plan to order the bottom pieces to go with it, to complete the look. I am ordering the clear corners this morning soon as I get all the post answered. (Have like 25 to reply to...) Will keep you guys up to date on my progress, believe me, I still have many questions to ask....:rolleyes:

:eek: Thanks, the GMC is my roommates truck, not mine!:D

:D Just ordered the clear corners:D They were $46.53, can't wait to get them.

Looks good man!! I really love the color. Personally, I'd take that license plate picture off the page because people can retrieve your personal information just from your license plate such as your name, address, phone number, driver's license number, and so on and so forth.

But yeah...like others have mentioned, too much animations, that really stole away some of the attention to your rig.

You have a valid point on the licence plate thing, I see that others take and black out the plate info and such, it's just that I don't know how to do that. I have my digital camera, then download to my pc at home, then upload to Cardomain. Do you know how to do that (blackout aspect)? Or the other choice is for me to take the pics out that show my plate... Thanks for the insight. And I have been working all morning on cleaning the cardomain page up, so still working on it, check back on it in like an hour, it should be much cleaner.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D Have cleaned the site up quite a bit now, took pics out that show personilzed plate on vehicle. I think it's better now, more user friendly to the ones on dial up, that's for sure....lol;)

Back