What is a front D-44 worth?

little x

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
SW VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL
A guy around here is selling a pair of axles. He wont part them. I really want one of them, and the price for both isn't bad. I was thinking of buying them both and trying to sell the one I don't want.

It's a full width D-44 Front with good brakes, 5.13 gears, and welded spider gears. I'm not sure what it came out of originally, but it used to sit under this guys early 90's (square headlights) Wrangler. I can't remember now if it was High or Low pinion, but I can go back and find out. It needs the stub shaft replaced (provided) but other then that it's ready to rock.

How much do you think I could sell it for? $200. . .$400. . .$600? I figure the 5.13's add quite a bit of value, since it saves you so much bank.

A guy around here is selling a pair of axles. He wont part them. I really want one of them, and the price for both isn't bad. I was thinking of buying them both and trying to sell the one I don't want.

It's a full width D-44 Front with good brakes, 5.13 gears, and welded spider gears. I'm not sure what it came out of originally, but it used to sit under this guys early 90's (square headlights) Wrangler. I can't remember now if it was High or Low pinion, but I can go back and find out. It needs the stub shaft replaced (provided) but other then that it's ready to rock.

How much do you think I could sell it for? $200. . .$400. . .$600? I figure the 5.13's add quite a bit of value, since it saves you so much bank.

If it's has cast wedges, no locker and stock shafts i'd say $250ish. If it has welded wedges i'd say closer to $300. That may sound low but it seems like D60's are more popular and fetch a higher price. I bought a 78-79 D44 out of a full size Bronco (cast wedges) for $200 and seen them go for as low as $100. Cast wedges are the least desirable of the D44's unless you are going with radius arms then it's no big deal

Back