What is a good Leather conditioner/protector | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is a good Leather conditioner/protector

double_take

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport & '00 E.B.
Does anyone know of any good and easy to find leather conditioner/protector.

My leather is starting to become stiff in spots and as a result is starting to show signs it might tear. I'm going to fix the holes/tears with leather magic but what can I use to soften and protect the leather?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lexol Leather Conditioner. Works perfectly.

Or Zaino's. Cleaners and Conditioners. I got some of it.

HotDogs

someone in the office suggested Meguires. Anyone ever use that?

i used armoral on mine before...it worked nicely

I love meguires, I swear ive got just about the whole product line-up. used to have it displayed with a bunhc of hot wheels porsche's lambos ect. :D

for the leather those leather wipes work great

Lexol is another excellent product. We use that on my dad's '98 Accord and it's perfect. The leather looks brand new and soft and I love the smell. We used to have 2 cars that have leather seats...not 2 anymore, just one now.

another vote for lexol. I personally do not like the meguiars becasue it is kinda difficult to work into the leather. The lexol has been my favorite too

well I bought both the meguires in the form of the wipes and the lexol in the spray. I'mm try both and then decide which one to keep using.

Thanks for the feedback

Lexol is very good. I have a 1999 BMW that I have been using Lexol on since I bought it in 1998, and everyone tells me how the seats look brand new and the interior has a nice leather smell too.

well I used the meguirs wipes yesterday and those suck, It looked like I got the whole seat before it dried but this morning I can see the spots which were "missed". I'll try the lexol over the weekend.

I'll try the lexol over the weekend.

Well let us know. If you don't like that, you "MUST" try the Zaino's. Just the smell alone is worth the money, LOL. What I don't like about most of the products on the market today is that they leave a slippery film on the seats and dash. I hate that cause it feels like when you are dressed up, you are just wiping the seats off with you nice threads.

HotDogs

i agree w/ BBQ, the Zaino smell is great...and it leaves the leather conditioned...not with a oily feel

i use this 3M stuff..it's AWSOME!!! IMO

I haven't seen the Lexol products yet. Where do you get it?
Harold

I think I saw them at Autozone or Advance Auto.

I use Zimbols, or something that sounds like that, Its a a 2 step process, one bottle for cleaning and 1 for conditioning. Seems to keep my seats in the X lookin good after 130000 miles

Back