What mods to do to the Mounty

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
Got a silver 03 Mounty and want to get some ideas of what appearance mods to do to the truck.

Here's a List of what I want to do so far:

Chrome door handles
Chrome Gas Tank Door
Chrome Mirror accents OR aviator mirrors (haven't decided yet)
Chrome rims (Nothing too big, 16's or 17's)
06 Mountaineer Tails

Give me some ideas guys!

Here's a pic of the whip for reference:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinkin pretty hard about black headlights, there's a thread on here somewhere about them.
Tonnes of them on ebay.
Would look good on your silver Mounty too. IMO

cheers

Ben

I'm not too big on all the chrome accents.
I remember when the H2s first came out, everyone was putting every chrome accent piece they could get.
Its your truck so if you like it..go for it. Id maybe do the door handles and mirrors only

Me personally i would do tint, smoke the amber lights on the front bumper and the red ones on the back bumper. Do the 06 mounty tails, remove the roof racks, the black housing headlights like Ben said.
I know you said chrome 16s or 17s..but what attracts your attention? Dropped trucks or the lifted off road look?

I'm not too big on all the chrome accents.
I remember when the H2s first came out, everyone was putting every chrome accent piece they could get.
Its your truck so if you like it..go for it.

Me personally i would do tint, smoke the amber lights on the front bumper and the red ones on the back bumper. Do the 06 mounty tails, remove the roof racks, the black housing headlights like Ben said.
I know you said chrome 16s or 17s..but what attracts your attention? Dropped trucks or the lifted off road look?

I only like certain chrome accents. Have always loved chrome door handles and chrome gas tank covers. IMO chrome and silver are a good combination.

Tint is getting done w/o a question, it didn't even occur to me to put it on the list.

Will not be removing the roof rack because i'm going to be using it.

I cant seem to find the black housing headlights because those would be something i'd deff do.

and i said 16's or 17's because i dont want ginarmous rims.

When it comes to the 3rd gens im into more of the street/sport look

how put HIDs for ur headlights and fogs and then probably exhaust and then supercharger and intake and headers and etc

I only like certain chrome accents. Have always loved chrome door handles and chrome gas tank covers. IMO chrome and silver are a good combination.

Tint is getting done w/o a question, it didn't even occur to me to put it on the list.

Will not be removing the roof rack because i'm going to be using it.

I cant seem to find the black housing headlights because those would be something i'd deff do.

and i said 16's or 17's because i dont want ginarmous rims.

When it comes to the 3rd gens im into more of the street/sport look
Yes you are right chrome and silver go hand in hand...i personally don't like when like Hummer owners get every chrome accents possible.
I've just seen acouple of 3rd gens w/ the chrome accents and they have been dark colored..so hey! maybe it will look sick.
Cool..i never use my roof rack and its an extra excuse for when my parents or someone asks me to bring a piece of plywood or a ladder or w.e lol.."nope sorry i don't have roof racks on my truck":D

Well they don't make the black housing headlights for the mounts..you need to do it yourself. Its not hard,,just bake them..open them up and paint part of the housing black. If your comfortable doing it let me know. I could do it for you. I do all that. Tint, systems, tvs, paint, body work, detailing, ect....

Yes i love how the street/sport look looks. Theres a mounty near me that has 17" cobra r rims..and :eek: it looks awesome

Oh, sorry guys, my bad.
I didn't realize there was a difference in the headlights.

Yes you are right chrome and silver go hand in hand...i personally don't like when like Hummer owners get every chrome accents possible.
I've just seen acouple of 3rd gens w/ the chrome accents and they have been dark colored..so hey! maybe it will look sick.
Cool..i never use my roof rack and its an extra excuse for when my parents or someone asks me to bring a piece of plywood or a ladder or w.e lol.."nope sorry i don't have roof racks on my truck":D

Well they don't make the black housing headlights for the mounts..you need to do it yourself. Its not hard,,just bake them..open them up and paint part of the housing black. If your comfortable doing it let me know. I could do it for you. I do all that. Tint, systems, tvs, paint, body work, detailing, ect....

Yes i love how the street/sport look looks. Theres a mounty near me that has 17" cobra r rims..and :eek: it looks awesome

The owner of my company has an eggplant colored H2 with all the chrome accents and it looks really cheesy.

OOOOO...you do tint...that might come in handy ;)

The 17" Cobra R's are at the top of my list of rims i'd put on the mounty.

not to offend anyone, but me and my friends call that MEXICROME

LMAOOO...
I'm spanish and find that funny..so i doubt anyone will get offended

I hear mexicrome and just automatically think of brentwood lol.

lol
you live near brentwood?

like 20min... i was born there and my grandparents live in Bay Shore. you live near there?

You can find some nice tint on e-bay. i found some for the front windows on my X. they were precut for the windows and match the tint of the back windows pretty good. looks real good.

wow you're right next door to me...i live in Smithtown

sweet!
monday i start working FT at a shop in e. northport...ATV..idk if you've seen it.
but FRIENDS n family get discounts *hint hint wink wink** lol so if you need anything let me know:D:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet!
monday i start working FT at a shop in e. northport...ATV..idk if you've seen it.
but FRIENDS n family get discounts *hint hint wink wink** lol so if you need anything let me know:D:thumbsup:

sweetness!

Back